End of an Era. The last 747 will roll out this evening.

I heard the last four rolled out a year ago. Did someone last minute purchase a few?

800i that I caught at FRA

BEB87EE5-334D-485F-9725-9B9EC386D040.jpeg

It was so amazing and successful. Hate to see it go. I image the cargo versions will be in the air for a long time I hope.

I had a few flights but the one that is special to me is that a flight attendent let me sit in the first row of the plane. I was actually ahead of the pilots.
Been there - was even some closet space in the bulkhead 😷

It was so amazing and successful. Hate to see it go. I image the cargo versions will be in the air for a long time I hope.

I had a few flights but the one that is special to me is that a flight attendent let me sit in the first row of the plane. I was actually ahead of the pilots.

One airline I flew on made the entire main deck economy on one of their 747’s. It was for higher passenger load routes. We were fortunate to sit about six rows from the very front. That plane probably had 450 plus passengers.

Another time we got upgraded to business upstairs. We had the two starboard seats all the forward just before the flight deck. That was a 14 hour flight and the lie flat seats made it super comfortable.

Normally we tried to sit in the economy section just aft of business.

only flew once too on a 747, when i came back from my second tour of duty in bosnia in 1995. had to use stairs to go inside. the flight was zagreb croatia to quebec city direct. i remember very well because just before i entered the plane, the person responsible for mail in my unit gave me a letter from canada. it was my girlfriend at the time who was telling me she was leaving me. take of acceleration was impressive. i could barely move from my seat.

Always wanted a flight on a 747, but never have. By the time our kids were raised and we were flying to more distant places, the 747 was being retired from passenger service.
I flew on a KLM 747 from JFK to CDG about 20 years ago. Every transoceanic flight before and after that has been on a 777 or my last flight on JetBlue from London to Boston was on an A321. I'd love to fly on an A380 just once.

I flew on a few 747's going to Hawaii and back back in the 80's and 90's. She's a huge plane and take off acceleration was definitely impressive, but overall not very comfortable for 9+ hours back in coach, the L1011's we took out there a couple times were definitely more comfortable.

I live just west of CVG and the flight path goes right over my house, on a good day I see about a dozen 747's going in and out and I never get tired of it. I have this picture hanging in my office at work, the first 747 I ever flew on after we landed in Oahu back in '87.
747 Hawaii.jpg

I flew in a TWA 747 to Europe on vacation when I was a kid. Was too young to appreciate the significance of the plane:(

My dad worked for Pan Am and we flew to London on a 747, I lucked out and got a second story window seat.

This was back in the early 80’s and was a great vacation.

Sad to see the last 747 going to be rolling off assembly line.

Always wanted to fly on one, maybe one day ill take a trip to Germany for a Lufthansa flight, they’re the last major passenger operator of the 747

Back