Efficiency of K&N Filter Media?

I saw a K&N oil filter at Wally world and wondered what the filtering efficiency is? I looked at the cartridge version for the Pentastar and the construction looks to be of good quality, as does the media. Does anyone know what the efficiency rating is for these? I've looked at K&N's website and can't find any information on that.

It's not a filter I'd necessarily consider. I can get a Fram Ultra for a little less and I've got a gut feeling that a Fram Extraguard would actually filter better.

If K&N doesn't put anything about the efficiency on their website then they aren't proud of it's efficiency.

If you called K&N they may say what the efficiency is, but they may also beat around the bush or even say it's "proprietary" ( 😂 ... that on kills me).

Anecdotally I will say that I remember reading in a thread from a while back that the K&N HP series filters had efficiency roughly equivalent to a Fram Extra Guard.

Anecdotally I will say that I remember reading in a thread from a while back that the K&N HP series filters had efficiency roughly equivalent to a Fram Extra Guard.
If that's the case, then it ain't bad. Until you realize you just paid double for the same efficiency. Lol. Good to know. I actually think the Fram Extra Guard filters better than the Mobil 1. But I'm not sure about the math.

Mobil 1: 99% down to 30 microns.
Fram EG: 95% down to 20 microns.

I use the M1 as a baseline because I have about 10 of them that I bought for $3 or $4 each on clearance a couple years ago at Wallyworld.

Back