Edge users/LOVERS please step forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
in the short time ive been on bitog, most of what ive read has been bragging on pp, little activity on edge....personally i LOVE the EDGE....anyone else???

Runs fantastic in our Rendezvous. Way quieter and smoother, than the conventional oil that was in it before. Also got 1-2 extra MPG's from it.

Definitely like it a lot. I wish I could get a 5w40 version as the 30 weight is pretty thin. But everything I've tried this oil in has had excellent results. Noting a very smooth and quieted engine, most notably in my wifes loud engine SUV where such a difference makes itself more apparent. It's too bad such a great oil suffers from poor advertising (terrible commercials) and being owned by a company who is under a ton of heat right now for something probably only a handful of people are responsible for.

Excellent point, im sure the spill has created some biased (BP) as already seen on this post, funny thing is I never liked Castrol at all, then i tried edge and i had to drop my biased, not to mention...seems i get my best mpgs on BP fuel

Hi,
SrDriver - BP took over Castrol around a decade ago. Much of Castrol's "advanced" lubricant's development was muddied in the aftermath. Some Castrol lubricants (I can't devulge which) have not been "updated" for a very long time. Some such as TWS and Transmax Z are products of the past that still live a great life!

As for the Edge range - these have a great reputation in this Country and in Germany where much of Castrol's synthetic lubricants development has occurred over a very very long time

Castrol's Professional range is a development of the Edge products and these are especially formulated for the likes of the VW Group and BMW

Today a Team of very passionate Engineers work on the development of Castrol's synthetic lubricants

I was involved here in the physical takeover of Castrol by BP - it was not a nice time with many top Lubrication Engineers and others losing their jobs. Some valuable traditions were trashed then too! The bitterness still lives around the Globe!

As I have said before gave my Honda Civic fits starting and my 03 Mazda 6 4cyl fits every so often. The Mazda has been on lots of oil. The Civic just PP and Ultra. Nobody can explain this but it happened and I am sticking to my story. One person suggested the weight. Oils were 5-20 in the Civic and 5-30 in the Mazda.Switched back to PP in the Civic no problem. Switched to Motorcraft 5-20 guess what??? in the Mazda, no problem. Wished this did not happen but it did. Bummer.

strange....i assume youre mazda 4cyl is a 2.3? ive had my most success in a ford/mazda 2.3 on edge, i have 2, an 08 escape and a 08 mazda 6

Castrol makes some awesome oils..

I use their Edge 0w20 and 5w30, and their GC.

My dad uses their 10w60

One of my friend uses their 5w50 with excellent results

My Mazda is a 2.3 as well. Well, it's also direct injected and turbo charged, but it's what I'm running the Edge 5w30 on currently that I commented on running so well. I've pretty much tried a different oil on every oil change so far. Well, not pretty much, it is what I've done. Very happy with the Edge and I would list it as the most notable so far.

I have Edge 5W-30 in my parents PT Cruiser. It will have 7K+ miles over the one year OCI. It has burned about 1 1/8 quarts over the last 10 months. I will be doing the OCI the first week of March.

Just did my first oil change on my Toyota Camry with 0W20 Edge....seems like really good stuff. It better be for the money!

Last edited:
2006 Lancer EVO / 407WHP/400TQ

Just installed EDGE 10W/30 / Fram XG9688 Filter
During the pour, certainly noticed the thinner nature of the EDGE. (Been running the Mitsubishi recommended M1)

Question. The EVO's oil spec is 10W/30. Have I made the right decision or should I have gone w/ a thicker version?

Thanks, Peace

Im M1 fan myself but a lil over a year ago I took advantage of the Castrol Edge Rebate and bought a couple jugs. So far so good, but I'll return to M1 when my stash has been used up

We use nothing but Edge 5w-30 in our Toyota Avalon with excellent results(here is our last analysis that showed virtually no wear:
2002 Toyota Avalon oil analysis ).
The Edge makes the already buttery-smooth V-6 even smoother. The 1mzfe V-6 is known to be hard on oil; Edge is definitely up to the challenge! I plan to stay with the Edge on this car for quite a while.

so far so good with 0w20 edge in my v6 accord. valve train noise is way down, and it cranks like its been running for an hour already in single digit temperatures.

We shall see the end result with a UOA.

Hello, I just joined up to announce my impending love for Castrol Edge. I haven't used any yet but, that will change with my TSX's next change. I'm positive it will be a great relationship.

I have been a fan of Castrol for over 10yrs now. After Castrol GTX 10w30 taking my '96 Jeep Cherokee to 378,000 miles and Syntec 5w30 taking my '05 TSX to 227,000, how could I not be? The '08 Honda Element SC I just bought will most likely see Edge after I run the current Pennzoil Ultra through its interval.

As for negativity against BP? I'm feeling it, however, every corporation out there, especially oil companies, is engaged in some kind of activity that would disappoint, disgust, or enrage us. Lengthy experience has proven Castrol an excellent product and our relationship will continue.

Cheers,
David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back