Reviews on STP full synthetic?

Hi. Im due for an oil change in april and i was thinking of using stp full syn. Has anyone used it? I tried looking for a forum already but couldn't find anything. Currently running 5w20 castrol edge HM. And honestly ive been looking to try a new oil to try so please argue about what oil i should use lmao.

I just started using it about 2 months ago in my shop. My commercial acct prices places the oil close to what we used to pay for supertech syn at walmart and I do think it's the same oil. I don't have any proof or tests but it does meet Dexos and other specs I like so, to me, it is a decent oil to use in recommended oil change intervals. I wouldn't feel confident stretching it out like I would a Mobil 1 EP or similar but it is better than most of the bulk oil the quick lubes use in my opinion. I don't have any issues using it - I did just for the 1st time put it in one of my personal vehicles and plan to run a UOA on it and post. It's in my Hemi Ram so it will be ran to about 7-8k miles when my change oil prompt comes on.

It's different than Walmart's oil because it's made by Amalie or maybe the other Warren, I'm not sure if it's a regional thing or if it used to be Warren and then they switched to Amalie. But it's an entry level synthetic they're all likely made with comparable group III base oils and whatever off the shelf Dexos add pack they can get.

Hi. Im due for an oil change in april and i was thinking of using stp full syn. Has anyone used it? I tried looking for a forum already but couldn't find anything. Currently running 5w20 castrol edge HM. And honestly ive been looking to try a new oil to try so please argue about what oil i should use lmao.
Lmao. Wouldn't you like objective opinions instead?

Back