Ecotec

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by T-Keith:
(...snip...)
grin.gif
Still think it's funny you're comparing your $25k+ infiniti to my $450 Buick.
tongue.gif

(...snip...)

I posted a link to my particularly clean Infiniti UOA and asked how many like that we've seen from a GM engine. You responded, comparing your $450 Buick's good UOA to mine. I think it's funny how quickly you've forgotten whose comparison this is.
tongue.gif
( ).

quote:

Originally posted by ekpolk:

quote:

Originally posted by T-Keith:
(...snip...)
grin.gif
Still think it's funny you're comparing your $25k+ infiniti to my $450 Buick.
tongue.gif

(...snip...)

I posted a link to my particularly clean Infiniti UOA and asked how many like that we've seen from a GM engine. You responded, comparing your $450 Buick's good UOA to mine. I think it's funny how quickly you've forgotten whose comparison this is.
tongue.gif
( ).

And by the number of excuses, I'd say it was a little too close for comfort.
grin.gif
shocked.gif

Sorry about the $25k thing, I was only guessing.
dunno.gif

Excuses? Where? I've offered none for my car or my choice of car. If I had it to do again, I'd choose exactly the same thing. BTW, most Gs do sticker in the mid-30s. With some aggressive shopping, I got mine for well south of 30. And let's be for real, Mr. Frugal, your Buick is worth a lot more than "$450", at least to you. If I showed up on your doorstep this morning with $450 cash in my extended hand, there's no way you'd hand over that car.

Again, I'm very happy and very comfortable with my choice, and I'd do it over. Why are you so uncomfortable with that?
dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by brianl703:
Of course, if someone crashed into his car, he'd get exactly $450 (or whatever the book value is) from the insurance company.

No question about it; that's true (unless you're willing to fight about it...). My point is simply that in a lot of cases a car is worth a whole lot more to its owner than the so-called book value. I've seen this pattern many times, especially in cases of "beloved" old cars whose owners sink far more into repairs and upgrades than the market value of the hull. Then it's destroyed in a wreck. You know what happens next. T-K's car is a previously poorly kept, older Buick that by his reports, runs beautifully and reliably (and generates good UOAs). If I owned it, and this car were consistently getting me where I wanted to go, I would certainly not feel justly compensated by $450 if someone destroyed the car.

Also keep in mind that the insurance companys' "book values" are not binding. If you go to court and can prove to a jury that your car's worth more than the ins co says, you'll get what the jury assesses the value to be.

Of course, if someone crashed into his car, he'd get exactly $450 (or whatever the book value is) from the insurance company.

Part of that value is simply in knowing that the car has been maintained well since you got it.

Buying a used car, you have no such assurances and based on what I've seen, you'd best assume that the oil might get changed when the low oil pressure light comes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back