Ecosystems-anyone get their goodies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know many of you remember this thread: http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=42;t=002394;p=1

Well, I was one of those who volunteered to test the device and was taken up on the offer. I provided my name and address to the company owner (papa taz in the thread). I have never received anything even though it's been about a month now. Did any of you other "volunteers" receive your fuel saving wonder?

Yes I did receive it. It would have been nice if I had known that I would need to cut my fuel line open to install this. Not that I won't cut my fuel line, but I'm a little leary about whether the fittings will leak, and also if my fuel pump will have increased load on it due to the buildup of pressure that is created in the device. I will be looking into installing it when the snow lets up some, since I don't have a garage to work in.

Hmm, I wonder what happened to mine? Well, I am NOT very comfortable cutting the lines on a Saab 9-5 I've only owned a hair under 2 months so just as well. If you guys show it works, maybe later....as I do rack up over 500 miles per week.

Never received mine either. I also don't like cutting the fuel line and I think I can get away with using a shorter line instead, thats if I receive it.

Clark Daywalt makes the doo-dads and he works here in Tulsa. He installed a 4 cylinder model in my Miata a few weeks ago and I've been recording fuel usage. Unforunately, I only got a tank or two of baseline before installing the Device, so I may remove it a couple months after the summer gas arrives and get some more 'standard' fuel economy numbers. Clark was able to install mine without cutting any lines - he added one short length of hose, used a white liquid thread sealant on the brass fittings for the device and screw-type hose clamps to lock things down. The setup hasn't leaked a drop and I feel confident that it won't.

On to the juicy bits...
No change in gas mileage so far, according to my measly two baseline datapoints aided by four years of figuring gas mileage here and there with this car.

Can't tell about emissions, as Oklahoma doesn't test for them.

As far as smoother idling and increased performance, the butt dyno tells me that the torque curve feels flatter but the idle hasn't changed.

I really want to do some reasonable testing on this thing, so I plan to get down to the dyno to find out what kind of HP and torque it makes now - after I take the device off for more testing later on this year, I'll head up to the dyno again to see if there's any change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back