Eco Ultra "Green" Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever heard of this? I did a search and found nothing. I just received an email from Northern Auto Parts and it was in there so I found it on the site. Sounds very similar to the Safety Kleen oil as it is recycled and re-refined. According to the site it is highly re-refined Group II oil. Not to bad of a price to try it as it is 2.99 a quart. So if anyone is curious search northern auto parts and then look under brands for ECO Engine Oil.

Okay, as a recycler and granola eater, I am interested. But what is the quality comparison between this and a virgin oil? If any at all. Would love to see some UOA's both used and virgin. Wonder if insolubles might be higher right off the bat? Anyone have experience with recycled oil?

Originally Posted By: addyguy
There IS a VOA of the 5W-20 in the VOA section.

No, that's a different oil from a different company.

The local big gas station chain is touting it in their advertising now. They are selling it as an environmentally friendly oil change, with a scan of the ecopower bottle right on the ad. If anyone is interested the chain is delta sonic.

The price on the regular dino change is 25.99, the eco power is 32.99, and mobil1 is 64.99.

Originally Posted By: JustinH
The local big gas station chain is touting it in their advertising now. They are selling it as an environmentally friendly oil change, with a scan of the ecopower bottle right on the ad. If anyone is interested the chain is delta sonic.

The price on the regular dino change is 25.99, the eco power is 32.99, and mobil1 is 64.99.

I found one in Texas offering the same thing

My WM carries it. Priced about the same as the other dinos. But when Supertech dino is regularly half price, and depending on the flavour of the day, you can get GTX, PYB, or Valvoline WB for a few bucks more than the Supertech special, I consider them all over-priced these days.

And the harder I look at Supertech, the more trouble I have justifying the extra few bucks for the brand name dino specials.

-Spyder

Anything green is more expensive regardless of what the initial cost is. Its a sales gimmick. Personally I think that's wrong- it should be the other way around if possible.

I may be wrong but if you use foodstuff to create oil, then isn't there less food for human-engines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back