Eco Guard #4612 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this filter just came off my military friends 2012 Altima. Said the oil had roughly 7,900~ on it and thinks it was QSED synblend. Not too bad I say. A member here said he would like to see these filter types cut so here you folks go. Put a TG and some QSUD 5w30 in.

20aqolg.jpg

2hnak93.jpg

so5m48.jpg

25gv3ly.jpg

fum5x1.jpg

o8cm4g.jpg

2s92c10.jpg

2s92c10.jpg

mk9jpk.jpg

2i6o02a.jpg

2rzw5li.jpg

No tears anyway, so it can't be a Purolator....hee-hee
I don't like black ADBVs. That doesn't make me a racist against certain kinds of ADBVs, it only means its a Nitrile rubber one, not the good silicon type.

Yeah, it's been speculated that the people that make Prime Guard, Premium Guard and Pronto make these filters. True? Dunno....

Originally Posted By: ExMachina
No tears anyway, so it can't be a Purolator....hee-hee

It actually has media and no deformed cheesy cardboard endcaps, guess it can't be a Fram either!

Originally Posted By: car51
Yeah, it's been speculated that the people that make Prime Guard, Premium Guard and Pronto make these filters. True? Dunno....
If they are the same,the company name is "International Distributors USA".

Not bad for a Chinese filter with 8k at all.

What's your intended OCI on the QSUD/TG? Did you use the TG6607 or the TG7317?

Slacktide_bitog: I don't know how often my military friend goes on oil changes. Used the TG 6607 also

Weedeater sized oil filter
smile.gif

Compare that 6607 3.5 vq 3.5 to the XG-2 that went on the 3.0 Fusion .. That XG-2 could eat that 6607 for a snack
smile.gif

My Ford Fusion did take that XG-2 on it. For real. Crazy big compared to this very small 6607. Strange how big it is in that car versus the one in the VQ35.

Yeah, it looks pretty good for an 8K filter "made in china" and i cant really see any manufacturing anomalies from these pics. Good filter when you take into account that it was made in china and everyone associates that with inferior products usually.

Originally Posted By: Noobie
Yeah, it looks pretty good for an 8K filter "made in china" and i cant really see any manufacturing anomalies from these pics. Good filter when you take into account that it was made in china and everyone associates that with inferior products usually.

Sadly it looks better than a lot of the US made Frams and Puros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back