Eco friendly, recycled oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be interesting to see a VOA and a cpl UOAs of the stuff to see how it holds up.....

The one post had me curious..
Originally Posted By: Huie83
They only charged $17 for the change including a genuine Hyundai filer and 4 qts 5w-30 remane'd oil.
first impression, [censored] that's a real cheap oil change.....even WM can't beat that....though, was it just a "promotion" thing for this "new" Safety Kleen oil? :) Or do they still offer it to this day?

Quote:
Also after a 4K run with it, it was hardly dirty coming out of the engine. Usually when I drain the oil, it's pretty dark...
Another concern there....it's been noted previously to not judge oil by it's color, and that "dark" is actually good, since it's the dirt that's getting trapped in the oil, and carried through the filter.

Having "too clean" of oil would make me curious.....unless they "upgraded" the filter (like a FRAM XG or TG filter) that has supposed better filtering capabilities and capacities :)

Bottom line, I'd use it if it had/has the star burst logo and meets the specs req'd for my vehicle, but it's not too often I actually go to an auto parts store :)

Last edited:
This is [censored], auto emissions contribute to only 5% of the worlds global warming. Factories are the biggest contributors to global warming. I don't understand why our government is wasting our time and tax money towards autos when it's the factories that's the real problem. The green movement is another scam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back