Easiest way to attack upper shock nuts?

The top if the stud is a double "D". Grab that area with locking pliers and use the wrench of your choice on the nut. I think a flare nut wrench can fit thru the stud. It's slow going but effective. Or find one of these shock tools (I haven't seen these in a long while).

View attachment 178920
I was hoping to get something similar at the orange or green boxes. Nope. Special order.

I'm confused....vise grips and a ratcheting wrench or pass-thru socket is all I've ever used? This need not be rocket science??

If the above doesn't work I slash and burn with abrasive cut off wheels or PFM (pure F'n magic aka plasma)

I'm confused....vise grips and a ratcheting wrench or pass-thru socket is all I've ever used? This need not be rocket science??

If the above doesn't work I slash and burn with abrasive cut off wheels or PFM (pure F'n magic aka plasma)
I put Vise-Grips and a 15mm box end wrench to the test. Didn’t budge. Broke out the M18 Fuel Sawzall with an Diablo Steel Demon blade.

I put Vise-Grips and a 15mm box end wrench to the test. Didn’t budge. Broke out the M18 Fuel Sawzall with an Diablo Steel Demon blade.
You can just break them off with a socket and extension too, as mentioned.

Back