Eagles are one and done..

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least the smoked the Patriots ...
smile.gif

Anybody who follows Philly knows this. They have plenty of flexibility with high paid veterans who will either take a pay cut or get cut. Howie Roseman may not have a football pedigree, but he isn't the NFL executive of the year by not knowing how to manage the cap. It's not even March 1. Besides what will you chowderheads do when Brady and Belicheater hang them up? It's spelled rebuild.

They were in poor cap shape before last season too. Look how terribly that worked out for them.

Originally Posted By: wemay
They were in poor cap shape before last season too. Look how terribly that worked out for them.

^^^^^Agreed.

Sounds like someone is jealous about another very good team.

So I guess the eagles are going to be a one hit wonder team
smile.gif
congrats to them, but
I bet Patriots will still be in the mix this year...Brady is too much!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dernp

^^^^^Agreed.

They were 2 mil under. Now they are 9.6 mil over. Mr exec of the year doing the same thing Pete Carroll is famous for. Paying everyone top dollar, worry about the salary cap later. Well, the Seahawks paying for that now.

I'm not jealous at all. Why would I be, Its one Superbowl win. Was a good game, Pats lost. Just stating the facts sir.

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Originally Posted By: dernp

^^^^^Agreed.

They were 2 mil under. Now they are 9.6 mil over. Mr exec of the year doing the same thing Pete Carroll is famous for. Paying everyone top dollar, worry about the salary cap later. Well, the Seahawks paying for that now.

I'm not jealous at all. Why would I be, Its one Superbowl win. Was a good game, Pats lost. Just stating the facts sir.

2 million under was still in the bottom 5 of the league... they managed to overcome that quite well.

Originally Posted By: rollinpete
So I guess the eagles are going to be a one hit wonder team
smile.gif
congrats to them, but
I bet Patriots will still be in the mix this year...Brady is too much!

Brady is too old...they will be in mix, but I doubt they win any more SBs...

The Eagles are going to let go of players, Torrey Smith, Brent Celek. Malcolm Jenkins is going to leave for a bigger contact elsewhere. Some are going to get their contacts redone lowering their price, possibly LeGarrette Blount may stay the same. They may let go a punt kick returner and use Jay Ajayi who they need to pay more anyway, 625k is too little. There are a lot of players who love being there because it's a fun team with respect and love. They'll play for less money.

There are currently 79 players on the team and more coming before March 5th, then there's the draft.

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
I'm happy for them. Its just too bad about Wentz. They are comparing his injury to RGIII.

Really? Wow, i hadn't heard. Hopefully he bounces back healthy.

Carson is in bad shape, may not be ready for the start of the season. He's going to have to wear a brace which will restrict his movements and running.

In Wentz we came, In Foles we trust.

Nate Sudfield is going to be a very good quarterback, maybe even a franchise.

Originally Posted By: JLawrence08648
The Eagles are going to let go of players, Torrey Smith, Brent Celek. Malcolm Jenkins is going to leave for a bigger contact elsewhere. Some are going to get their contacts redone lowering their price, possibly LeGarrette Blount may stay the same. They may let go a punt kick returner and use Jay Ajayi who they need to pay more anyway, 625k is too little. There are a lot of players who love being there because it's a fun team with respect and love. They'll play for less money.

There are currently 79 players on the team and more coming before March 5th, then there's the draft.

Malcolm Jenkins is under contract through 2020. Torrey Smith might be let go and the Eagles have Mack Hollins to fill his spot. Celek is under contract next year and he took a pay cut last year. Ajayi is still on his rookie contract for 2018 at $760k. They might not able to keep Blount but Clement played big in the last half of the season. Beau Allen is probably gone next year. Smith and Allen are the only two starters I see not on the 2018 starting roster. The 3rd tight end, Burton is really good and will land someplace.

One doctor said Wentz's injury is like RG3's. The Eagles will be more patient with Carson than the Redskins were with RG3.

While Belichick and Pederson go about it much differently, they both coach to the strengths of their skill position players.

Originally Posted By: JLawrence08648
In Wentz we came, In Foles we trust.

Nate Sudfield is going to be a very good quarterback, maybe even a franchise.

Sudfeld. And yes, he's very good. But his mental mettle hasn't been tested yet.

I'd don't know anything about salary caps, but I was happy to see the Pats get beaten. Brady is better QB when surrounded by a good supporting team but the last couple of minuted was the best part of the game watching him struggle like most other QB's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back