E3 spark plugs any good?

Yes, I am aware that this thread is 12 years old. But wonder if the E3 plugs are any better yet, or are NGK still the preferred ones?
New to me 2008 Honda Fit, with manual transmission, is the car in question, new to me 2 days ago. My first car, so I'm very excited about it.
I’d get NGK Iridium for your new car 🙂. Denso iridium are also nice for imports too.

I used those E3's in my John Deere tractor that has a water cooled 25 hp Kawasaki engine. It ran worse and occasionally backfired with those plugs. Removed them and went back to regular plug and problem was solved.

Thanks.
Learning to do my own maintenance, requires also buy the parts. Finished high school two years ahead, been working and saving money for two years. Bought a motorcycle last year, and car this year. Nothing new or fancy, but paid for in full. Doing my own maintenance on them, with help from my Dad, the World's Best Dad in my opinion. Got a new job last September, a huge upgrade from Canadian tire, and Home Depot, the two previous jobs, both part time, only 20 to 24 hours a week each. Being a Personal assistant now is great! But I am only 18, still a lot to learn, so joined this site.

Learning to do my own maintenance, requires also buy the parts. Finishedhigh schooltwo years ahead, been working and saving money for two years. Bought a motorcycle last year, and car this year. Nothing new or fancy, but paid for in full, doing my own maintenance on them, with help from my Dad, the World's Best Dad in my opinion. Got a new job last September, a huge upgrade from Canadian tire, and Home Depot, the two previous jobs, both part time, only 20 to 24 hours a week each. Being a Personal assistant is great! Being only 18, still a lot to learn, so joined this site.
Welcome to the Forum. Lots of knowledgeable members on here from various backgrounds. Always here and happy to help. Working on stuff is fun in my opinion.

Welcome to the Forum. Lots of knowledgeable members on here from various backgrounds. Always here and happy to help. Working on stuff is fun in my opinion.
Thank you Sir! I would like to open my own maintenance shop someday, working on cars, motorcycles, ATV'S, PWC, and outboards. Only child, of a single dad, we spent many hours in the garage together. I had a dirt bike, before a pedal bike, because dad is a rider. We also boated a lot, I sat on his lap and Steered when running at high speed somewhere. But once dad shut the big engine off, I ran the 10 hp Honda for hours, while he fished. I was no more than 6 years old, and remember that like it was yesterday. Then we would work on those two old Honda engines, or a motorcycle, if not working on Dad's 1/4 mile car. Those are fond memories.

Last edited:
Thank you Sir! I would like to open my own maintenance shop someday, working on cars, motorcycles, ATV'S, PWC, and outboards. Only child, of a single dad, we spent many hours in the garage together. I had a dirt bike, before a pedal bike, because dad is a rider. We also boated a lot, I sat on his lap and Steered when running at high speed somewhere. But once dad shut the big engine off, I ran the 10 hp Honda for hours, while he fished.
That’s awesome. I’m 18 as well I work as a mechanic for an independent auto repair shop and do road service as well for my company. I would like to own my own shop too where I can be the boss lol. I fix everything I’ve fixed small engines, farm equipment, semi trucks as my dad is a truck driver, cars, RV’s.

E3 plugs may make a very small difference in power and economy but you won't recoup any of the increased price cost. Not worth the bother IMHO. There are too many other things that will make a bigger difference in power and economy.

In my push mower i use them. Three years ago i purchased 3 different spark plugs and put a measured amount of gas in my mower. There was less gas used with the E3 vs an nkg or champion.

I used those E3's in my John Deere tractor that has a water cooled 25 hp Kawasaki engine. It ran worse and occasionally backfired with those plugs. Removed them and went back to regular plug and problem was solved.
I've been blaming TruFuel on this situation with my 6.25hp mower. Now I'm going to switch it back to Champion & see what happens.

Back