DVD copying software

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJC

Hi all - I'm posting on behalf of a friend. Here's his question:
Quote:
I have DVDs which I’d like to copy so we can take them travelling and not worry about damage. Can you suggest a good free software for this?

I've never copied DVD's so have no expertise. It's for an XP machine.

If you want to copy a DVD bit by bit, use CloneCD or DVD dycrepter.

CloneCD is paid software,

If its for movies, use MAKEMKV. It creates a MKV file which is highly compressed but its AMAZING quality.

Its free for now, USE VLC player to play it. It just wont work for Windows MEdia player.

AnyDVD is well worth the price of admission. Pair it with Handbrake and you have an unbeatable combination for all your copying needs.

dvd shrink is still the best out there by far and it's hasn't been updated in 7 or 8 years. Only once in a while does it struggle wiht some of the newer protection schemes.

If you do NOT need to encode the DVD, just open the DVD in a file manager (like Windows Explorer) and copy the TS_VIDEO folder onto your computer somewhere. Use VLC to play it.

If you DO want to encode it for playback on other devices, Handbrake is the way to go.

on the subject, what is the best deal on ink-jet printable DL blank DVDs? Mind you, I have yet to try DL burning; so suggest something with low cost of initial entry. I have looked at meritline.com and ebay.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back