DVD Burner Speed/Copy verification

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the life of me, I cannot find the speed of my computer's DVD burner. Nowhere on the computer. I googled the various model numbers and still can't find it. Help?

I am also having trouble finding out about copy/write verification. It seems Windows Explorer cannot verify if my copied files are "perfect".

Suggestions? Is write verification only available on after market back up programs?

Link to Microsoft answer: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...9b-e6e45b21edd5

Does this mean that if I manually back up data by copying files to my backup media, there is no way to verify "exact" copies? But, if I backup through a backup program, that it does verify the information is exactly the same?

Last edited:
I've been told most of the "Verify" features in even over the counter software (Nero, ImgBurn, DVDFab, etc...) are shoddy...

Better off with something like simple CRC or MD5 checksums or something like SFV to "verify" the backups are "complete" and correct.....rather than relying on a software's "Verify" feature.

A good hasher I like is "HashMyFiles" from www.nirsoft.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back