Duralast GT Fail

Brought a pair of Duralast GT brake rotors for my IS250. I've never had issues with Duralast gold so I gave this a try.

Total junk and a waste of time. I've done plenty of brake jobs and have never seen this.

Replaced my oem rotor/pad with Duralast GT and Wagner QS pads. The second I start backing out I get scraping noises from the driver side front. I check and pads on both side(left and right) aren't making 100% contact with rotor.

I think it's a pad retaining bracket so I pull the caliper again to swap in OEM bracket. It did nothing, so I pull the wheels again and swap in OEM pads. It now makes 100% contact but the scraping won't go away.

I start driving thinking a bed in procedure might help but it starts clicking/clunking like I have a bad CV joint when the wheel is turned. I pull the wheels once again to diagnose the issue, swap in my oem rotor on just my driver side and car goes back to normal.

So I think that the rotor is warped and brought it back for warranty. They swapped out the rotor, I pull the wheel again and install it.....SCRAPING AGAIN.

I'm starting to think these rotors are directional and auto zone's system doesn't show it. That or I have really bad luck and got 2 warped rotors in a row.

I will never waste my time with autozone again. Ordering Lexus OEM now. Sick of pulling these pads/rotors for the 5th time in 1 day. Taking this junk back tomorrow morning for full refund

Last edited:
yea thats definitely working too hard..

Rockauto for
part numbers might not be right you dont list model.

RAYBESTOS EHT pads $22 front pads
RAYBESTOS EHT1391AH $23 rear pads
RAYBESTOS 980488FZN $35 x2 rear rotors
CENTRIC 32044139 $38
CENTRIC 32044140 $39

The problem with parts store house brand brakes is that you don't know who makes them or what quality they use
crazy2.gif

Centric Premium, Wagner E-coated, and Powerstop coated rotors are all good
smile.gif

Pair them with Akebono or Advics pads. Another good choice for a daily driver is EBC Ultimax/Blackstuff

Had a bad experience with Duralast AZ pads as well on the rear brakes on the GXP. They had a squeal under light braking. Tried some extra grease no help so I decided they were just junk pads. They were only $25 but had a lifetime warranty so I thought I would try them since that was the only ones in stock the day i got them. Yesterday went into get the better pads, had the receipt for the warranty and they said the warranty was replacement only. No refund and no credit for the upgrade just new garbage pads. Made a second trip to AZ and got the manager to approve an upgrade that the counter worker refused. It's all ok now but a bit of hassle dealing with them on the warranty.

Originally Posted by Rand
yea thats definitely working too hard..

Rockauto for
part numbers might not be right you dont list model.

RAYBESTOS EHT pads $22 front pads
RAYBESTOS EHT1391AH $23 rear pads
RAYBESTOS 980488FZN $35 x2 rear rotors
CENTRIC 32044139 $38
CENTRIC 32044140 $39

Is centric any good? I see them on eBay a lot. I'm honestly sick of taking off the brakes on this car, going to ride these oems til they start grinding and going to the Lexus parts department and buying brakes.

I've done it so many times I can replace both front pad/rotors within 30 minutes.

I put autozone pads on a Mitsubishi Outlander a couple weeks ago at work, it came back a couple days later with brake noise, the pad material came off/seperated from it's backing....

Used nothing but Centric pads/rotors for several years now. Seems to be quality stuff. You just have to search for a pad material you like. I prefer the 300. series material. Its not as clean as the others, but it has really good initial bite and linear feel all the way to lockup. That's how I prefer it.

Centric like most have several lines of brake parts.

I prefer the raybestos Element3 but they dont make front rotors for your car in that series.
Centrics are good as long as you dont get their cheapest line.

Back