drain life on schaeffers 7000 (syn blend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
what seems to be the "general" drain life of schaeffers 7000.. I live in South Texas and don't do much heavy towing..

ps: 2004 dodge 2500 cummins..

After my previous experiences with Schaeffer oil, I'll just say this:

If that was my big Dodge, I'd use the Supreme 7000 15w40 oil, & *start* at about 10,000 miles. Get a UOA done on that oil, & adjust OCI upwards accordingly.

If VW put Schaeffer engine oil in their cars from the factory, they would probably label it "Lifetime Fill" like their trans fluid, but that would cost their dealers too much in lost revenue in putting the wrong oil in your car!
smile.gif

Joking aside, this is a great oil and the Cummins will probably be able to go a good long while on it. I would do a UOA at 7500 for the severe service interval and then work your way up just to be on the safe side.

believe it or not - with the 2004.5 HPCR 325 hp / 600 t. engines - the drain is 7500 or 3500 miles depending on severe driving or highway driving.. since most are on the city driving part - dodge says the plan B is the rule...

ps: this is with reg oil/etc - of course...

doesnt cummins recommend a 15K mile oil change interval on those anyway? not that i would do it but i would think 10 would be easy with that engine and oil combo.

Please check the owners manual again. Service interval for the Cummins is 7500 (schedule B) and 15k (schedule A) respectively, unless you have the California engine. There's a little "+" looking icon on the OCI in the owners manual, denoting for California engines, which is 3500/7500.
I owned a 2004 2500 and changed oil (15w-40 Amsoil) and filter (Fleetguard Stratapore) every 7500 miles without ever worrying about extdended drains. I live near Austin, TX.
The dealer tried to tell me I needed to do it every 3000 miles...
wink.gif

[ June 02, 2006, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: rossn2 ]

you are correct - I stated it wrong - I meant to say the 7500 part is what the dealer CUT in half.. they actually gave me some paperwork on it but I can't find it.. they said on these trucks they BUMPED UP the oil change.. guess the dealer thinks I would bring it to them every time!!
twak.gif

(plus I don't have the book any more - everything was taken out of my glovebox by someone who needed it more)

my friend uses 7000 in his 40 ft American Dream with 8.3 cummins. With oil testing , his last change was at 25,000 miles. He is using the test method to determine his next change. The first change he said was at 15,000 after starting Schaeffer.
patriot.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back