Drain hose for Shinco dehumidifier

I have two Shinco dehumidifiers I bought from Amazon and they are fine except for one issue. If I connect up a short 18" garden hose and drain to condensate pump the drain water fills the internal tank and eventually shuts the unit off. I need to put a piece of cardboard under the front two wheels and then the drain water runs out the drain hose. Both units do the same. I think the company is in Korea and no response to emails.

Hard to believe they designed it to need cardboard under the front wheels to get it to drain properly.

One question I do have is they have a drawing of the drain hose going into a condensate pump. They do not want the hose going near the bottom where it will be immersed in water some of the time. They want it just into the condensate pump so it is not immersed in water. I cannot see why it it would make a difference.

The dehumidifier drain is about 6" above the condensate pump and the drain hose is short and direct. No loop or sag.

The few dehumidifiers that I've owned a plug goes into the drain that runs into the holding tank and the hose is connected externally in the back and a short hose connects the hose thread to drain tube bottom of pan pointing to the hose thread.

This has a cap over the fitting to attach a garden hose to. The directions show it's as simple as unscrewing the cap and screwing in a short piece of garden hose.

Back