Down sizing from 20" to 18" for winter tires.

Owen Lucas-
If you haven't yet, stop over at Piloteers.org also for lots of info on your Pilot.

Yours should have the different transmission mode choices. You can read my posts and links about the Sand Mode HERE if you haven't tried it. It basically locks the rear end with clutch and differential and turns off some nanny controls so you can spin the tires to help get unstuck if needed vs snow mode that cuts throttle and limits wheel spin with brakes. Both have their advantages pending situation.

TireRack I think had some test reviews where they showed real winter tires still have grip up to like 70% slip rate. All the snow mode and traction controls in most vehicles don't allow more than 10% slip before killing throttle etc.

Owen Lucas-
If you haven't yet, stop over at Piloteers.org also for lots of info on your Pilot.

Yours should have the different transmission mode choices. You can read my posts and links about the Sand Mode HERE if you haven't tried it. It basically locks the rear end with clutch and differential and turns off some nanny controls so you can spin the tires to help get unstuck if needed vs snow mode that cuts throttle and limits wheel spin with brakes. Both have their advantages pending situation.

TireRack I think had some test reviews where they showed real winter tires still have grip up to like 70% slip rate. All the snow mode and traction controls in most vehicles don't allow more than 10% slip before killing throttle etc.
Thank you for the link, I will check that out! I always thought the different traction settings were basically throttle adjustment but good to know those differentials are put to use. Already bought a set of 18"s, I'll try to post them when they are ready.

Thank you for the link, I will check that out! I always thought the different traction settings were basically throttle adjustment but good to know those differentials are put to use. Already bought a set of 18"s, I'll try to post them when they are ready.
In my posts there it has pictures and the manual really gives you ZERO information on what it does. Most don't read the manual anyway (but it has over 100 pages on the radio operation).

I'd need to find the link but if you park on a hill/incline, even your driveway in snowy/icy conditions, USE your Parking Brake.

THIS is on a Ridgeline. The Pilot one when I find it went all the way down driveway into the street. It can happen with any open differential and if you search you will find the same thing. Only one wheel holds traction when parked and if starts to slide on ice/snow. it keeps going

Back