2015 F150 Winter Tire Selection

Last year I purchased a set of 20" Fuel wheels and new tires for my 15 F150. I have the stock 18" wheel set and and am looking to get a set of winter tires for travel in NH and VT this winter. Figured no better place to begin than here on BITOG! What do you recommend?

Last year I purchased a set of 20" Fuel wheels and new tires for my 15 F150. I have the stock 18" wheel set and and am looking to get a set of winter tires for travel in NH and VT this winter. Figured no better place to begin than here on BITOG! What do you recommend?
If a 2 wheel drive, they're about 30.5"OD; if 4WD, about 32" The 2WD tend to be a 110 load rating, the 4WD a 114 or 116 rating.

Give us something to work with ...

I run a set of Firestone WinterForce II on stock 16" steelies for my Tacoma. Good all round winter tire and pretty affordable from The Rack.

20200107_175110.jpg

For me studless! I live in Dutchess County NY. We get snow. I'm from New England and they get snow and ice like a winter is supposed to be! Studs would be great when I need em but would render me in a bad space for most of the winter months where I live. Good soft winter tread for a light duty F150 nor trailing anything is ideal.

so 4WD 18", 275/65R18 are factory ... look at BFGoodrich - Advantage T/A Sport LT. They have the mountain snowflake marking, so will be good (but not a true winter tire) in medium snow. Costco sells it as do most full-line suppliers, Discount Tire included.

This is a Michelin product; some here think that's a positive, some a negative; I live in Greenville SC where Michelin is a huge employer with many friends employed by them ... and I like their products.

Being in the group who think narrower is better for snow, and if the dealer will mount tires different than the door label, I'd choose 255/65R18 if the 111 load rating suits you (it would me), or 265/65R18 to get 114 rating. Both will throw your speedometer off a little (less than 3%).

You've several good suggestions here ... true winter tires are definitely better in snow, but these are what are now called all-weather tires, a sorta new classification.

Keep us posted on your decision as you progress.

Back