Double flare tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the small inserts in these flare kits supposed to be close to the ID of the brake line? I have a K tool kit. I was flaring some 1/4 inch brake line and the fitting that says 1/4 on it was very loose and did not want to stay straight. It did not make a good looking flare. Seem crooked and oval. The 5/16 fits in 1/4 inch line and seems to make a nice flare. Could this kit be marked wrong or are they supposed to be pretty loose inside the line?

Originally Posted by chilson450
Are the small inserts in these flare kits supposed to be close to the ID of the brake line? I have a K tool kit. I was flaring some 1/4 inch brake line and the fitting that says 1/4 on it was very loose and did not want to stay straight. It did not make a good looking flare. Seem crooked and oval. The 5/16 fits in 1/4 inch line and seems to make a nice flare. Could this kit be marked wrong or are they supposed to be pretty loose inside the line?

Where did you buy the kit from? When I had to fix the rear lines to the rear drums I did a few practice flares on my bench befoelre fabricating the piece that went on the car.

Stuff being mis-labeled doesn't surprise me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back