Don't junkyards know about U.S. Postal Service?

Same day shipping

Do you realize that many companies that ship products get deliveries from carriers and a separate pick-up later in the day ? Some places have UPS trailers (ranging from "horse trailer" (that's what they call them) sized units up to full, 50' semi-trailers) that get picked up (often after the business has closed) anywhere from 4pm to late at night ?

You expect a business that ships parts to customers to take things to the post office ? Will this person also drop everything off at UPS, Fedex, Fedex Ground, etc as well ? Oh I forgot - those companies will make pick-ups in the afternoon, every day, as needed.

You look at things in a very narrow way and try to make everything out to be so simple. These places aren't shipping 1-2 items a day or 3 items a week.
If I need something in such a hurry as requiring same day shipping, I'll just buy it locally. I mean really, I'm shopping for USED parts so saving money is the first priority, speed is secondary.

No I don't expect a business that ships parts to customers to take things to the post office when the post office comes to them every day to pick up the packages. Mailman comes here in the afternoon too.

Unless you make arrangements with them for dedicated pick-up service, they only come once a day and only if they have mail to drop off for you (unless you have a way to signal or alert them that you have outgoing) pieces.

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    10.2 KB · Views: 6
Agree with the hit or miss. It shouldn’t be that way. We’ve had the same carrier for 6 years and she’s great. We’re definitely spoiled. But she should be the norm, not the exception. I can remember as a kid the mailman marching up the street. Mail bag, spotless top to bottom uniform. Looked like a Marine in the Memorial Day parade. What happened to that?

If I need something in such a hurry as requiring same day shipping
Has nothing to do with what you need or getting it to the customer quicker. It can simply be how they operate, avoiding backlogs of orders and in turn, billing customers ($$$).

Actually, smart sellers don't charge for shipping.
Smart businesses don't give away anything for free ! It's really laughable that you even think this.

As I said, unless you have a way to signal the mail carrier that you have outgoing mail, they're going to go right past your house if they don't have mail to drop off to you.

mb.jpg

You realize not everyone has street side mailboxes ?

Smart businesses don't give away anything for free ! It's really laughable that you even think this.
I would think most people who know marketing understand you raise the price of an item to cover free shipping. That isn't giving away anything. Psychologically, people feel better when the item they are buying comes with free shipping.

Aside from an enjoyable USPS bashing or two … know your laws on seatbelt systems … my insurance advisor said they have to come from the OEM/dealership … Body parts can come from Somalia if you want …

know your laws on seatbelt systems … my insurance advisor said they have to come from the OEM/dealership …
Maybe if they are paying for a collision repair, but I can't imagine anywhere in the US of A that you can't put a used seatbelt in your car anymore than a used airbag, used tire, used steering rack etc.

Maybe if they are paying for a collision repair, but I can't imagine anywhere in the US of A that you can't put a used seatbelt in your car anymore than a used airbag, used tire, used steering rack etc.
Your imagination or mine does not matter … passing this on … don’t follow up … No worries here …

As I said, unless you have a way to signal the mail carrier that you have outgoing mail, they're going to go right past your house if they don't have mail to drop off to you.

View attachment 66142
You realize not everyone has street side mailboxes ?

I had a streetside mailbox once.....It got mowed over 4 or 5 times.....One was a nice brick one that caused a couple thousand in damage to my wife's car when whomever with whatever hit it & sent bricks flying. The mailbox is on the front porch now. I just cloth pin outgoing mail to the outside to let the carrier know.

Need a seat belt buckle and a few places have it for $30. It's about 6 or 7 inches long and easily fits in a Priority Mail $8 flat rate padded envelope and includes tracking. One place wanted to charge $30 to ship UPS. Another said $20. No thanks. Might as well get new from a dealer for $66.
They probably know that USPS cannot be relied upon.

Never understood why people use UPS or Fedex. Overpriced every time, especially if you ship overseas to Europe. Like 245$ vs 70$ overpriced. USPS - free boxes. 2-3 day delivery, much cheaper, don’t have to deal with boomers that don’t know that labels can be bought online or via machine inside, and box dropped into receptacle inside the building :) go there after 7pm and it will be ghost town. Couple clicks on machine, slap label on, drop it in, done. 5 mins or less in and out, if you were lazy to buy and print label at home…

Never understood why people use UPS or Fedex. Overpriced every time, especially if you ship overseas to Europe. Like 245$ vs 70$ overpriced. USPS - free boxes. 2-3 day delivery, much cheaper, don’t have to deal with boomers that don’t know that labels can be bought online or via machine inside, and box dropped into receptacle inside the building :) go there after 7pm and it will be ghost town. Couple clicks on machine, slap label on, drop it in, done. 5 mins or less in and out, if you were lazy to buy and print label at home…
This is why…
C44EFD86-F3F9-4D2E-8260-7D786B6E76BE.jpeg

Around here the USPS is an outhouse fire inside a dumpster fire. I avoid using them if possible unless I want something delivered to one of my neighbors and then a denial when I tell the shipper I didnt get it.

Amazon at least gets it to my house (but then damage property trying to turn around in my driveway after being asked specifically not to)

I haven’t found auto dismantles to be the sharpest knives in the drawer, and they’re always busy. Probably makes for a perfect storm of not caring, not knowing, and wanting to pad their bottom line.

But you’re not putting it in your personal car. You’re buying cars to curbstone for profit. A smart business owner knows when to not worry about $25 and follows a law that deals with safety equipment. How often do you have to buy seatbelts for your flips anyway? Buy new add the cost on and be done. There are oem parts sellers online with enough discount to cover shipping.

The take away of this thread is the quality of the various shipping options is dependent on the local employees.

A smart business owner knows when to not worry about $25 and follows a law that deals with safety equipment.
Show me that law. The only law dealing with that is about airbags and not selling or installing recalled ones. The only reason I'm replacing it is the outer plastic clam shell housing is missing one half of the shell. Every used car is equipped with used seat belts and I'm just replacing one from another. This is getting off the topic of the OP.

Back