Don't junkyards know about U.S. Postal Service?

Yup.
Overcharging for shipping comes up on this board.
Also, flat and padded envelopes seem never to be mentioned.

Wouldn't you think ANY company selling stuff would seize the opportunity to use an obviously economical method to ship.
....and how often would 'envelope appropriate' items come 'round? ...once every 150 orders? It's make them look better (says me).

Maybe they don't want to deal with USPS. I don't, and so I charge accordingly. You can schedule a pickup with UPS/FedEx and they will actually pick the package up.

If the buyer is paying shipping then all/every option is economical to me.

Maybe they don't want to deal with USPS. I don't, and so I charge accordingly. You can schedule a pickup with UPS/FedEx and they will actually pick the package up.

If the buyer is paying shipping then all/every option is economical to me.
Doesn't USPS pick up? They do have a carrier coming by every weekday, I've had them pick up small shipments before.

Why would you even need to talk to anyone to do business. They send you the shipping materials for free. You print the shipping labels at home.
Yeah, and then the box just sits on my porch because the USPS is garbage.

And then when I take the package to drop it off, I have to wait 30 minutes while the man behind the counter yawns through his day.

With UPS I make the label, print the label, schedule the pickup, and that's it. Done. Same with FedEx.

I’ll gladly pay a bit extra to use UPS over USPS (Still haven’t received the package my sister sent me 2 weeks ago) or FedEx (a total joke).

Doesn't USPS pick up? They do have a carrier coming by every weekday, I've had them pick up small shipments before.
USPS comes by everyday but Sunday even if you DON'T schedule a pickup.
Unless you make arrangements with them for dedicated pick-up service, they only come once a day and only if they have mail to drop off for you (unless you have a way to signal or alert them that you have outgoing) pieces.

Wouldn't you think ANY company selling stuff would seize the opportunity to use an obviously economical method to ship.
Only if they offer "free" shipping. Otherwise, if UPS charges $22.57 for the shipment, you charge the customer $22.57 + $ to cover your shipping supplies.

Unless you make arrangements with them for dedicated pick-up service, they only come once a day and only if they have mail to drop off for you (unless you have a way to signal or alert them that you have outgoing) pieces.
Why would you need them to come more than once a day? And I cant remember the last day I didn't get ANY mail.

Why would you need them to come more than once a day? And I cant remember the last day I didn't get ANY mail.
Same day shipping

Do you realize that many companies that ship products get deliveries from carriers and a separate pick-up later in the day ? Some places have UPS trailers (ranging from "horse trailer" (that's what they call them) sized units up to full, 50' semi-trailers) that get picked up (often after the business has closed) anywhere from 4pm to late at night ?

OK, around here you can just leave it on the counter without speaking to anyone if it has a paid label.
You expect a business that ships parts to customers to take things to the post office ? Will this person also drop everything off at UPS, Fedex, Fedex Ground, etc as well ? Oh I forgot - those companies will make pick-ups in the afternoon, every day, as needed.

You look at things in a very narrow way and try to make everything out to be so simple. These places aren't shipping 1-2 items a day or 3 items a week.

OK, around here you can just leave it on the counter without speaking to anyone if it has a paid label.
Have to agree with you on this one. Free shipping materials. Print shipping labels online. I get mail every day so pick ups are automatic. Or I just leave the flag up(rural box). Haven’t been inside a post office in forever. Stamps ordered online if I need them. Too big for the mailbox? Just leave it next to or a note saying “it’s by the front door.” Amazing what a generous gratuity at Christmas time will get you.

Have to agree with you on this one. Free shipping materials. Print shipping labels online. I get mail every day so pick ups are automatic. Or I just leave the flag up(rural box). Haven’t been inside a post office in forever. Stamps ordered online if I need them. Too big for the mailbox? Just leave it next to or a note saying “it’s by the front door.” Amazing what a generous gratuity at Christmas time will get you.
USPS does seem hit or miss-there are definitely good & bad ones around here. FedEx can't find their backside with both hands, for sure, it took me 19 days to get a Ground envelope from Cincinnati to Cleveland via FedEx, supposed to be 1 day, and even their namesake Federal Express can't get their next day stuff here from there on time either!

USPS is total trash for me. Our carriers change every day and the employees that work at the actual PO are so checked out from life that you can barely do business in person.

I don't have the time nor patience.

My local USPS is a total joke. I was there a few days ago to mail a package and there was a female employee about 30 years old. She was actually excellent, attentive and knew what she was doing. I actually asked her, what are you doing here? and I warned don't stay too long these people will bring you down!!

Back