Donaldson Endurance Filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having trouble finding what part number to order off Amsoils website. I use a filter that is Larger then the OEM filter for my vehicle, 2003 Land Rover Discovery II 4.6.

I know that the M1-301 and K&N HP-3001 filters fit my vehicle. However I tried to cross reference a few other filters, AC delco/fram, then cross reference those part numbers off the Donaldson website. But the part numbers I found off the Donaldson website are not listed on the Amsoil Endurance Filter list. Hope that wasn't too confusing.

So, how do I get a Donaldson Endurance filter that is equivalent to the M1-301 and HP-3001?

Thank You.

Originally Posted By: peterdes
I am having trouble finding what part number to order off Amsoils website. I use a filter that is Larger then the OEM filter for my vehicle, 2003 Land Rover Discovery II 4.6.

I know that the M1-301 and K&N HP-3001 filters fit my vehicle. However I tried to cross reference a few other filters, AC delco/fram, then cross reference those part numbers off the Donaldson website. But the part numbers I found off the Donaldson website are not listed on the Amsoil Endurance Filter list. Hope that wasn't too confusing.

So, how do I get a Donaldson Endurance filter that is equivalent to the M1-301 and HP-3001?

Thank You.

The Amsoil filter would be the EaO15 to cross to the M1-301. This filter is roughly 3/4" longer then the EaO96 that your vehicle calls for. Amsoil typically will not offer an Endurance filter for application where the EaO is available.

Originally Posted By: peterdes

Thank You.
Is this engine still a derivative of the all aluminum Buick 215?

Originally Posted By: o2man98

The Amsoil filter would be the EaO15 to cross to the M1-301. This filter is roughly 3/4" longer then the EaO96 that your vehicle calls for. Amsoil typically will not offer an Endurance filter for application where the EaO is available.

Okay thank you. I'm taking it the Amsoil EaO is roughly the same type of filter? I know they're both top quality and synthetic media. I'll do some research too.

Originally Posted By: brian12
Is this engine still a derivative of the all aluminum Buick 215?

Yes. Same block as the 4.0 and 3.9 in the older Discovery's. The engine design is from the 1960's I believe and hasn't changed much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back