Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, and it has a lot
crazy2.gif
mad.gif
cry.gif

That's why I'm saving up for a better car
smile.gif

Yea, it’s a 17 year old truck in Wisconsin, but it’s mostly just bubbling of paint. Except for the hole in the drivers side floor board lol

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Rust? What is that? You just don't see it out here...

There are 30 year old daily drivers around here with no rust. I couldn't live any place where 5 year old vehicles have holes in them!

Originally Posted By: hpb

There are 30 year old daily drivers around here with no rust. I couldn't live any place where 5 year old vehicles have holes in them!
I can live with having to Fluid Film or Krown cars from rusting-but I'm not sure I could handle 40C+ temperatures regularly! Ouch!
45.gif

Paint is bubbling on the rocker panels and starting to rust. Thinking I will sand it this year and patch it up before it spreads and get rust proofing done. Hopefully this gives me a few more years.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Originally Posted By: hpb

I can live with having to Fluid Film or Krown cars from rusting-but I'm not sure I could handle 40C+ temperatures regularly! Ouch!
45.gif

You'd be just fine in Tasmania - we generally range from lows around 0C in the winter, to 30C in the summer. Perfect!

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Nope, and getting it sprayed yearly to hopefully prevent any.

+1.

Yep mine has some rust.
I've been doing some welded patch work on some of the panels and just put in some rockers 2 months ago.
Also sprayed underneath with rust reformer paint then a glossy black top coat.
One thing that helps is to do an undercarriage wash after snow storms.

Great job on the rust repair on that Explorer. If you had to have a body shop do that it would cost a small fortune. I wish I could do patch panels like that. My daily driver doesn't have any rust but it probably will in about 3 years.

Yes, although my DD has less rust than my weekend toy. Less NH winters. Undercoating just slows the process; just sitting in my dirt driveway promotes rust.

But technically my DD has a failed clear coat job so precisely no one would care if it was rusty or not--it's perfect DD fodder.

Only a little surface rust & not a great deal of that .

I am thankful I do not live in the rust belt . For many reasons . :)

A lot of salt on wet, icy and snowy roads by me in the winter. No garage, and no access to outside fresh water in the winter. Five year old car.

Yes, there is some rust, but not yet very noticeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back