Does Where Oil Filters are Made Matter?

I still wonder about quality control despite having adequate facilities, such as having American oversight at the assembly plants for filters
They need to hire more louver QA checkers, lol. And someone who knows how to properly setup and run the louver forming equipment.

as much as i want to say it doesn't matter to me, if there are two otherwise identical filters on a shelf for the same price, with the only difference being one is made in China and one is made in Japan, i'm probably grabbing the one made in Japan.
Then the next time when i need a filter i only see Chinese made filters on the shelf, i'd probably search around for a minute to see if there are any Japanese filters left before grabbing one of the Chinese made filters and taking it home to put on my truck.

not too sure what that is supposed to say but there it is.

Good Morning RagnaroCamaro,
I really like your phrase "thought of quality", that says it all. A company's quality philosophy and approach is paramount.
My understanding is the Amsoil oil filter is the Fram Endurance. Fram engineers and produces oil filters so I have a high trust level of their quality systems in the U.S. and worldwide. It is a daily pursuit of excellence to achieve consistent high levels of manufacturing quality from multiple facilities so as a customer I trust but verify a product before I purchase it including the packaging.

Good Morning RagnaroCamaro,
I really like your phrase "thought of quality", that says it all. A company's quality philosophy and approach is paramount.
My understanding is the Amsoil oil filter is the Fram Endurance. Fram engineers and produces oil filters so I have a high trust level of their quality systems in the U.S. and worldwide. It is a daily pursuit of excellence to achieve consistent high levels of manufacturing quality from multiple facilities so as a customer I trust but verify a product before I purchase it including the packaging.

I've read the EAOs and Endurance are the same. My EAO17 is USA, but EAO24 is from Mexico. I'm going to buy an oil filter cutter and cut one of them open in the next day or two, so I can have peace of mind should I buy them in the future after running out of OG Fram Titaniums

I've read the EAOs and Endurance are the same. My EAO17 is USA, but EAO24 is from Mexico. I'm going to buy an oil filter cutter and cut one of them open in the next day or two, so I can have peace of mind should I buy them in the future after running out of OG Fram Titaniums
I read the Amsoil oil filter notes associated with their filter specs and have included them below.
  • Filters designated with product code EA15K are recommended for 15,000 miles (24,000 km) or one year, whichever comes first, in normal or severe service.
  • Filters designated with product code EAO are recommended for 25,000 miles (40,000 km) or one year, whichever comes first, in normal service or 15,000 miles (24,000 km) or one year, whichever comes first, in severe service.
NOTE: Change oil filter at every oil change.

The EAO filters have a life of 25k miles under normal use, 15k for severe. Based on these exceptions I am wondering if the Amsoil filters are not identical to the Endurance.

If your driving is severe (check your owners manual for the definition), you would be better off staying with the Fram Endurance and Titaniums. Endurance filters are rated at 25k, Titanium 20k regardless of service rating. A possible additional benefit is they will cost less.

FE10575__Endurance 25K $12.97 (EAO17)
FS5_______Titanium 20K $12.49 (EAO24)

Imo no. A lot of filter manufacturing seems to be automated. If a filter manufacturer is iso 9001 accredited, they have processes in place to address quality. Keep in mind, there will always be quality issues with high volume manufacturing.

Well, then there is …

IMG_0603.jpeg

COO alone doesn't mean much without knowing what type QC/QA is involved. However, industrial engineers tell me when manufacturing is moved to another location, there is always a "cost reduction" component to it - whether it is cheaper labour, materials or something else. Unfortunately this does not always translate to lower costs to the consumer, which is where the problem lies.

Back