Does synthetic protect better than dino

The least expensive full syn beats the most expensive dino in every way...
I couldnt say that. What service category? I don't think there are any
S-category Dino anymore. If by that you mean group I and II blends.

I'd choose to run the old Rotella Triple Protect 10w30 dino before MANY 5W30 cheap group III "synthetics"

I couldnt say that. What service category? I don't think there are any
S-category Dino anymore. If by that you mean group I and II blends.

I'd choose to run the old Rotella Triple Protect 10w30 dino before MANY 5W30 cheap group III "synthetics"
You would, I wouldn't, but hey, that's why there's more than one brand/type...

You would, I wouldn't, but hey, that's why there's more than one brand/type...
For some weird reason, many think that an HDEO is good for their gasoline engines. Well, it's not.

For some weird reason, many think that an HDEO is good for their gasoline engines. Well, it's not.
Just like the guys here that went out and bought a bunch of Rotella Gas Truck and use it in their cars, what were they thinking.......I mean it clearly has a picture of a truck right on the label.

Why is it good for the engine?
Why do some people make statements in posts and then when asked what they mean, not only do they not answer but they deflect. You’re the one who said “For some weird reason, many think that an HDEO is good for their gasoline engines. Well, it's not.” By your own words why is it not good?

And then maybe answer why it’s a “weird” reason. Remember, I wasn’t the one who said it was good. Maybe I think it is but I would surely expect that I’d be able to back up that statement had I made it.

Just like the guys here that went out and bought a bunch of Rotella Gas Truck and use it in their cars, what were they thinking.......I mean it clearly has a picture of a truck right on the label.
Indeed, the idiocy of thinking an oil that is API SN PLUS and dexos 1 Gen 2 could possibly be used in gasoline engine.

I've had no gas engine internal problems since switching them to HDEO almost twenty years ago. HDEO has held up far better than any gas engine oil in my motorcycles, atvs, boats and beater car that tows frequently.

Rotella Gas Truck is not HDEO.

Indeed, the idiocy of thinking an oil that is API SN PLUS and dexos 1 Gen 2 could possibly be used in gasoline engine.
That's bad sarcasm, and as far as I'm concern, everyone can and should use whatever they want in their personal vehicles, commercial trucks, and so on. When things go south, it's on their dime.

Back