Does Redline 5W20 Meet Ford's WSS-M2C-153H Spec?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have been searching these forums and cannot find out whether Redline 5w20 meets Ford's WSS-M2C-153H specification. Does anyone know whether it does? Redline is obviously a very high quality oil, but I am still in the warranty period on my Mazda 6s (and have a long way to go) so I don't want to use it if the spec is not met. This car has the 3.0 Duratec engine in it.

Don't need any problems from the Dealer if there is a major engine failure, however unlikely. If it doesn't meet the spec, I'll probably give Penzoil Platinum a go.

Why do you wanna run Redline in the 3.0 Duratec?
You're under warranty therefore you need to follow the manufacturer's recomendations for the oil change intervals.
You would be wasting Redline.
But if you insist, your dealer most likely won't challenge the non-conforming oil as long as you keep the oil receipts and changes been done on the factory schedule.
I would rather go with Pennzoil Platinum.
Makes better sense.

My 05 Honda is still under warranty. I'm running RL 5w-20 out to at least 10k miles, to at least make it worth the cost. As to your question, no one can answer that bc RL does not send their oils to the API for testing. They would tell you that it far exceeds any OEM/API spec. Whether thats true, I don't know. I would run the PP. Good oil.

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
My 05 Honda is still under warranty. I'm running RL 5w-20 out to at least 10k miles, to at least make it worth the cost.

I did the same thing with my car while still under warranty.
wink.gif

Run Redline at 10-12K intervals.
But wouldn't advise to do the same thing to others just in case if they do need to use their warranty.
Besides, Pennzoil Platinum or any other synthetic would protect your engine as well as Redline would.
IMHO.

Agree vad. I'm only running the RL to test it a few times. I've talked about it enough so I figured at some point I have to shut up and just test it myself for a few intervals.

quote:

Originally posted by jazisded:
Hi,

I have been searching these forums and cannot find out whether Redline 5w20 meets Ford's WSS-M2C-153H specification. Does anyone know whether it does? Redline is obviously a very high quality oil, but I am still in the warranty period on my Mazda 6s (and have a long way to go) so I don't want to use it if the spec is not met. This car has the 3.0 Duratec engine in it.

Don't need any problems from the Dealer if there is a major engine failure, however unlikely. If it doesn't meet the spec, I'll probably give Penzoil Platinum a go.

I'm not sure about Redline, but why don't you try M1 0w20. My 6 loves that thin stuff. The engine seems to rev a lot easier than the other oils i've tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back