Does Mobil1 racing 4t 10w40 has Molybdenum-based?

You could just get a newer, quicker/faster bike...

I could but Mr.RC45 has got a hold on me... a bike I had always
dreamed about-Honda dreamed up in 94... and it soon became the
ultimate V4 for me... From the aluminum tank... to the tune flex frame...
single sided swingarm... titanium rods and fuel injection it's a
technical rolling showcase of engineering that even exceeded the RC30
milestone...

Being in charge of an RC45 is horribly addictive... a simple ride starts
the fangs gnawing at your soul...

You may wear ear plugs but the distinctive syncopated beat saws right
thought like an agitated growl...

All to often you'll begin to ride in that irritable way that's only you will enjoy...
Savoring the catapult launch courtesy of a race bred V4 meaty linear power...

[video:youtube]

There's no doubt that over a quarter century ago, the RC45 was significant in the sportbike world. I would suggest you keep it.

But if you really want better acceleration, and all-around better dynamics, that can be had in newer sportbikes. Without resorting to shaving your legs.

A late model 600 super sport can out perform a quarter century old superbike. It goes without saying, it’s to be expected as that generation of race bikes laid a foundation for today’s bikes. Great bike the RC45, keep that one forever. I like the words about a catapult launch. Good writing, but you’ve said first gear is so tall it can do 90 mph. Where is the catapult launch in that?

Last edited:
A late model 600 super sport can out perform a quarter century old superbike. It goes without saying, it’s to be expected as that generation of race bikes laid a foundation for today’s bikes. Great bike the RC45, keep that one forever. I like the words about a catapult launch. Good writing, but you’ve said first gear is so tall it can do 90 mph. Where is the catapult launch in that?

You have to rev your nuts before the current 600 I4s perform where as the RC45 race bred V4 gives you bottom end plod,
midrange drive and top end rush... its catapult launch will surprise you...

Quote Fast Bikes...
"In view of the modest HP claims, we didn't expect particularly startling grunt from
the engine as most of the manufactures have been claiming 125BHP as a matter of
course for their 750 replica superbikes. Quite unexpectedly, the RC45 forced us to
think again; it's HP combined with formidable torque in the middle gears and the
extraordinarily clean and rapid response provided by the fuel injection system make
an explosive mixture which measures more like 130RWHP through the only
barometer which really counts- the seat of your pants. and unlike the really relatively
gutless at the bottom end RC30, the RC45 doesn't suffer for it's tall first gear in spite
of the 90mph indicated on the speedo when the limiter cuts in. It takes off like a
bullet thanks to the improved response in all gears and in particular the action of the
clutch which is gentle, soft, progressive and ably assisted by a quick, accurate and
well spaced gearbox in the immediate ratios. Characterized by a deep, rugged note
right from the beginning, the engine responds with extraordinary promptness to the
slightest touch of the throttle with burst of energy which sound like a machine gun."

Last edited:
I’m going to ask this and put my flame suit on. How many of you have had major engine failures by running a name brand oil and changing it st required intervals? I have been riding for over 40 years and have had countless bikes and run countless name brand oils and have never had an engine problem.
Is it just me or is the great oil debate ridiculous?
For the most part its ridiculous, but for some, its also a hobby. IN fact you even mention "name brand oil" when all oils of the same API are the same, no matter the brand.
For those not interested the whole oil debate, it is like you say "ridiculous" .. .as all one has to do is use the oil recommended by the maker of the engine, its really that simple, they know more then almost anyone in any forum. :eek:)

For those not interested the whole oil debate, it is like you say "ridiculous" .. .as all one has to do is use the oil recommended by the maker of the engine, its really that simple, they know more then almost anyone in any forum. :eek:)

Except the engine makers are under the influence of CAFE. :sneaky:

Except the engine makers are under the influence of CAFE. :sneaky:
I can agree with you on that as far as viscosity. Either way I still think the engine will outlast the car assuming the stick to the API. Our Mazda calls for 5/20 but I’m in a warm climate and Canada and Mexico says 5/30 is ok.
I was surprised to see my traverse calls for a 5/30 So I’m good with that.

I can agree with you on that as far as viscosity. Either way I still think the engine will outlast the car assuming the stick to the API. Our Mazda calls for 5/20 but I’m in a warm climate and Canada and Mexico says 5/30 is ok.
I was surprised to see my traverse calls for a 5/30 So I’m good with that.

Yes, I was focused on viscosity. I don't think any motorcycles makes are going for CAFE credits on thier motorcycles, but maybe Honda is if they sell enough motorcycles to get something out of going down the CAFE rabbit hole.

Yes, I was focused on viscosity. I don't think any motorcycles makes are going for CAFE credits on thier motorcycles, but maybe Honda is if they sell enough motorcycles to get something out of going down the CAFE rabbit hole.
Honest question here, is there a CAFE benefit to manufacturers with respect to motorcycles?

Honest question here, is there a CAFE benefit to manufacturers with respect to motorcycles?

I doubt the motorcycle makers get any CAFE credits. I searched around and didn't find any reference to motorcycles being part of CAFE. But who knows about the future, it could happen to motorcycles too. Then what, start running 0W-20 in your bike, lol. :LOL: Motorcycle engineers don't specify "thin" oils for motorcycles for a reason.

Back