Does Castrol GTX HM have some cleaning power...???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Castrol GTX HM have some cleaning power...??? My car in the past had neglected service from previous owner .... my valve train looks very dark yellowish color ..and had some deposits on valve covers also ....
Do Castrol GTX HM can clean overtime this ..... plus i have a oil consumption and seeping oil from back of the engine...

valve cover (1).jpg

left (1).jpg

Mercedes E430 2001 engine is M113 iv cleaned last year this valve cover.... i just dont know how engine looks inside ...
Some guy mentioned on mercedes forum this " It looks like conventional oil was used by the looks of the valve train. And that would look clean unless it was changed by the FSS schedule. Paper filters are used by the quick lube places."

Last edited:
You can try to run some short OCIs and then take the valve cover off again and see for yourself. Unless it's not a simple job for that engine

I am sure some would also be interested!
grin.gif

Originally Posted by PimTac
Looks like good old Castrol GTX orange.

Exactly!
The worst varnish I ever had was 2-3 decades ago when I used Castrol GTX for 4-5 straight OCIs.
Switched to Pennzoil synthetic and it was gone three OCIs later.

HM oils are more about less leakage, Ester oils like Redline are said to clean the best, cant go wrong with any Redline product if the cost is not an issue.

I doubt it will clean that varnish up, in fact I doubt any oil will clean that varnish up. Having said that, clean the valve cover manually, throw it back together and worry about something else.

The film looks a bit bad, but honestly, it's just a film. Unmeasureable. I'd consider running a good synthetic with a short change interval a time or two and then call it a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back