Does anyone use Castrol 0w30 anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the US, Edge 0w-30 can still be purchased on Amazon, but current pricing is a major turn off. You can buy Edge 0w-40 for half the price.

There is also Edge 5w-30 A3/B4 available that carries all the same specs as Edge 0w-30, but again, not priced competitively when compared to Edge 0w-40.

I often look up oils to buy on Amazon and would venture to say 0w30 provides the least number of choices-notably lower than 0w40 and 0w20. For the last ten years or more I often check Amsoil's recommendation for different vehicles. In the past they often recommended their 0w30 in lieu of 5W-30 general recommendation. I recently looked up a few vehicles specifying a 5W-30 and that is only viscosity that was specified on there.

Originally Posted by Patman
It's still very easy to find in Canada too, Canadian Tire keeps a decent stock of it all the time. Still only sold in 1L bottles though, so that makes the 0w40 a much better deal since it's sold in the 5L jugs and goes on sale very often (every 4-6 weeks)

I think that's the biggest problem. With the proliferation of the 0w-40 jugs (M1 and Castrol) in the States and then up here, and the lack of sales recently on 1 L bottles, that's not helping at all. It's a product I'd gladly use, and have tried before (when there were no A3/B4 jugs), but I'm certainly not doing it now at Canadian Tire prices with no specials and adequate competition from their own line and other companies on the same shelf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back