Does anyone here have Youtube TV?

We dumped "Cable TV" a good while back. We have a physical cable (Wave Cable). We stream EVERYTHING via this cable internet provider and the content is just superior, it's almost not debatable. Price is a bit cheaper, not HUGE but better. Internet is $49, Youtube is $65, the others NetFlix, Disney, HBOMax, come and go if they have specials, but we had them on top of the cable bill anyway! (Seriously our cable TV and internet bill was over $200!) Oh and Prime but hardly counts because I use the account for business anyway (never paid for their "extra" charge content) - but some local MLS (Sounders) games are on Prime (no extra charge)

The only sports I watch are F1, soccer and a little NFL (all decently covered - I notice there are some other races, not much time to watch) oh and I watch a little mountain bike racing. NFL for a specific area game only can watch after I believe. But has local, the usual, MNF, TNF games, so that's way plenty for me. ALL VIA YOUTUBETV.

We interface with a higher end Roku, which does perform to their claims, but mainly because the LG GUI sucks bowling balls through 1/2 iron pipe. I think they hire fired MS employees. Heck I can plug my fancy ear buds into the remote.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I have YT TV. You'll find the hardest thing to not have about (if you ever want to leave) it is the unlimited DVR. It's the bees knees.

Amazon used to have a lot of free content for Prime members. Most has evaporated and I see a definite political bias in what they offer.
I've gotten to a point where I seldom even open prime video - just for the reasons you cited. I'm torn on keeping amazon prime but am keeping it for now.

My strategy will be to subscribe to netflix for a month or two to catch up on a few shows like 'Ozark', then cancel.

I've had YT tv. for winter sports, but with the app pulled from roku I'll probably use Hulu equivalent.

Dish Network doesn't have any package called "Choice". DirecTV does though....

And this isn't to defend Dish, DirecTV, YTTV, any cable company, etc but you're complaining about channels, i.e. ABC, Discovery, TNT, and so on. The carriers have nothing to do with the content shown.
They put together all of these channels to create these "packages". Do we need 15 informercial channels that all sell the same thing at the same time? It's nothing but filler, so they can charge more for a package, because of the volume of channels it contains.

It's nothing but filler, so they can charge more for a package, because of the volume of channels it contains.
Those infomercial channels actually pay the carrier to be included so no, you (we) aren't paying more. Just block them from your program guide.

Those infomercial channels actually pay the carrier to be included so no, you (we) aren't paying more. Just block them from your program guide.

When television was free we had 4 commercial breaks during a 1 hour broadcast. That was the initial concept of "Pay TV". You paid for non commercial television. So yes, you ARE paying for it.

Back