Does anyone have the April issue of Consumer Reports? I'd like some trimmer info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by seotaji:
jelly, would you mind PM'ing me since i can't seem to message you?

Seotaji,

Good afternoon. A couple on months ago I had a "falling out" with some board members, and from that my PM privileges were revoked...

If you can post your e-mail address on here I'd be more than happy to send it to you.

I have a 15" Poulan Weedeater that is ten years old. Just recently had to have the carb regasketed. Otherwise, still runs great and is lighter than my Ryobi, and starts much easier than my $275 Ryobi.

Ryobi, Troybuilt, Poulan and the other brands you can buy at Home depot and Lowes are JUNK. Get a good PRO MODEL Husky, Echo, Redmax, Shindaiwa, Stihl, Kawasaki,or Marayuma and you whil have a tool that will last you a lifetime. BTW The Echo and Huskys you can buy at HD and Lowes are not PRO models.

I have a Stihl FS 55 straight shaft. It will cut anything. I paid about $229 for it but it is now at the end of the third full season of running. I haven't changed the plug, I don't winterize the fuel, etc. Starts first pull EVERY time. I do plan to do all the maintenance this fall as I have been lax and really can't afford to replace this thing anytime soon. I have used the brush blade with it and did a fair amount of cutting. Works great. The Stihls a few years ago were hard to start but I believe the new ones advertise second pull starts. Like I said, mine starts first pull every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back