Does a tiny rip matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a dirty engine. The oil pickup screen can't filter the smaller particles. I am glad my orange can filters the small dirt instead of allowing it to flow through the engine. I'll never buy another Purolator, it isn't worth $0.50 to have to worry about a tear that the company refuses to acknowledge.

Originally Posted By: kwikrnu
I'll never buy another Purolator, it isn't worth $0.50 to have to worry about a tear that the company refuses to acknowledge.

I just looked on Purolator's website to see if they had any Product Bulletin shown about this issue ... nope.
http://www.purolatorautofilters.net/Bulletins/Pages/Bulletins.aspx

Guess they saw TomHunter's torn up coffee filter analogy and figured it was fine to have tears in oil filters too.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Nobody can convince me of paying any amount for a defective oil filter with teared media after some use, I refuse to use it even if it's free.

My Lexus FCI is 1 year up to 16-18k miles, various name brand filters includes P1 PL20195 was used. Now, I will not use Purolator oil filter in any car I own, at least until they fix the problem.

Do you open up your filters for inspection?

Originally Posted By: Sam2000
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Nobody can convince me of paying any amount for a defective oil filter with teared media after some use, I refuse to use it even if it's free.

My Lexus FCI is 1 year up to 16-18k miles, various name brand filters includes P1 PL20195 was used. Now, I will not use Purolator oil filter in any car I own, at least until they fix the problem.

Do you open up your filters for inspection?

I have opened up a few orange cans lately due to dirt in my engine. I wonder how much of this dirt would have flowed through my engine if I had a defective purolator?

oil%20filter%202.jpg

oil%20filter%204.jpg

^^^ Aaah, that's just "engine coffee grounds". The OP (aka WD) would think none of that would go down into and harm your engine because he claims he can make coffee with torn up coffee filters and it's still clean enough to drink.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back