Dodge Challenger 5.7 oil

Well, I'm sorry... 😢 Pontificating is when someone expresses ideas that are dogmatic and have to be rigorously followed. Though I agree that I could have worded my comments far better and shorter than I did, all I'm telling everyone else is to use what they need and that they don't have to fear the manufacturer's recommendations so much. Pontificating is quite the opposite. Nevertheless, I see your point, and I should have been more considerate.

Well, I'm human... 😿 We're all hypocrites by nature because we're trying to live up to our own ideas about ourselves.

I'd love to. However, I doubt that FCA cares why I or everyone thinks about their wording. I would like to ask their engineers, or even better, their accountants, how they rated my truck for towing 9000 lbs. on 5W-20 without installing an oil heat exchanger, never mind an actual oil cooler on my engine. Pulling that kind of a load in the summer on mountain roads will not end well for my engine. I'm sure that it was a cost-cutting measure, nothing more. The Chargers and Challengers all have the oil heat exchanger from the factory, and I believe that the cars with the 6.4 HEMI have both installed.

I apologize for that, especially for coming across as rude. That wasn't my intention. I like to share what I learn, but I'm far from a know-it-all. In fact, the more I learn, the more I realize how little I know. Up until a few days ago, I didn't know anything about antifreeze, and now that I want to install a 180F thermostat in my truck and do a flush I had to read up on it. Funny thing is that between Peak Global Extended Life and Mopar 10 Year Antifreeze, I decide to go with the Mopar for the truck, it's actually good stuff.

You're absolutely right, and I'm sorry if I upset anyone. My apologies :)
It's all good. I probably shouldn't of come down so hard on you as well.

Back