Dodge Caravan 1995. What ATF to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone lost the owner's manual. Anyone know what ATF is specified and if Mobil 1 ATF meets the specs?

All 5 previous tranny fluid changes were accomplished by changing out the tranny. Arrrrrgh.

One would hope that all 5 fluid changes were without a new tranny ..but on a minivan ..assuming that it's the same trans that it came with OEM ..it is an accomplishment of merit, I suppose.

Amsoil ATF is excellent in this trans if you're going to get enough mileage out of its use.

If mopar-trans paranoia still plagues you (and it surely could- it's not paranoia for many) then you can use Wally World +4 or many of the universals.

Quote:
All 5 previous tranny fluid changes were accomplished by changing out the tranny. Arrrrrgh.

Never fear, the next change you can blame the fluid for the failure! M1's site is pretty clear on which fluid to use. I assume at some point it was +3, now +4.

ATF+3 is the original spec'd fluid. In many situations ATF+4 superceded the ATF+3 applications. However I do believe that the caravan was one of the ones that stuck with ATF+3.

If it were me I would go to the store and get ATF+3 and use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back