Do you purchase or make washer fluid?

A professional window cleaner at work turned me on to this.
I add Unger Easy Glide Glass Cleaner to either plain water in summer or the -20 blue stuff in winter, a couple of capfulls per gallon and It boosts the cleaning significantly. I also leave a bucket of solution in the garage and use a squeegee to clean the car windows. (Also good around the house)

https://www.amazon.com/Unger-Professional-Streak-Free-EasyGlide-Concentrate/dp/B06XR9XCPQ?th=1
ive wondered about that. I have a gallon of that which i use to clean the exterior house windows with a squeegee on a stick. It’s cheap at Home Depot. It smells very strong and a little goes a super long way.

NAPA special Super K concentrated washer fluid. Single 16oz bottle makes 165 gallons of washer fluid, especially with the 2+gallons washer reservoirs most commercial trucks have.

This stuff doesn't stay liquid to -50, it's just guaranteed to not burst your pipes that low. Whatever "ice" (more like slush) it makes, contracts instead of expands. OTOH if it works...
Thats right !
But I don't venture out if its colder than -10. I'm retired :) I suppose you don't want to crack your reservoir if you are in a super frigid climate.
I mention dont use the Walmart brand (for wwf) How do I know ? I just bought some. It's terrible compared to the Splash -50.
and they denatured the Ethanol ingredient, so now you can't drink it.
The splash was great as a "hand sanitiser" for cheap too - Not that that matters.

I am taking up the splash -50 this as the stuff was on clearance last spring for 2 bucks a gallon and I bought a couple. The cheap blue -20 walmart wwf was over 3 buck last time I was there.

i buy antibug summer window washer fluid that’s on sale in the autumn and non freezing winter window washer fluid that’s on sale in the spring.

3l total - 0,8gal "recipe" tested today successfully
~40% volume ethanol (for some freeze point margin), rest is pure water, and about 1-2 tbsp of car shampoo

i had this one on stock. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dodo-Juice-Power-Enhancing-Shampoo/dp/B002OHQKC4
it has some wax in it, but it doesn´t interfere at all. (y) big difference, clean glass no streaks; no foam issues. just a little is needed now.

It comes down to how much snowy, icy, driving you do. If you’re young and a bread winner, you’re out there no matter what. Things such as windshield de-icer are life and death products. I’m done with all that, the trade off is…I’m old as s!!t. I just bought this Rain Ex gallon for $3.79 at my local Home Depot . I bought two. That’ll last me all winter for two cars cause..where do I drive?. Don’t skimp if you drive a lot.

Attachments

• 8422DBA7-17A3-4101-85B1-7FBDB09DB680.jpeg
    8422DBA7-17A3-4101-85B1-7FBDB09DB680.jpeg
    257.2 KB · Views: 10
It comes down to how much snowy, icy, driving you do. If you’re young and a bread winner, you’re out there no matter what. Things such as windshield de-icer are life and death products. I’m done with all that, the trade off is…I’m old as s!!t. I just bought this Rain Ex gallon for $3.79 at my local Home Depot . I bought two. That’ll last me all winter for two cars cause..where do I drive?. Don’t skimp if you drive a lot.

Be careful with the Rain-X orange - it does not play nice with some manufacturer fluid level sensors and breaks them to where you need sensor replacement. Not too up to date on what makes it affects but last I looked it was mainly German makes (and Chrysler by Daimler default) but its worth verifying.

Purchase. I try to procure mass quantities of the winter stuff @ the end of the season when it is marked down real cheap.

I use distilled water and Dr bronners bar soap.sponge, lather 6-7 times,rinse lather into water. But in winter,since it's 17-27 degrees,I'll use at least 16 ozs 90% rubbing alcohol per gallon of distilled water so it doesn't freeze expand n break the wash container.

People make washer fluid? That’s news to me lol. If anyone is making washer fluid I can’t see myself trusting it. And putting soap in it? 😳. That does remind me of something funny I did the other day though we have our floor cleaner and washer fluid right next to each other to get and the other day I filled up my washer fluid jug with the floor cleaner by mistake. I blame the morning time as I wasn’t fully awake yet lol. Needless to say I had to drain the washer fluid out and fill it back up with washer fluid and not soap lol 😂. I felt like an idiot but it happens. Good thing I realized the stuff was green instead of blue lol.

Be careful with the Rain-X orange - it does not play nice with some manufacturer fluid level sensors and breaks them to where you need sensor replacement. Not too up to date on what makes it affects but last I looked it was mainly German makes (and Chrysler by Daimler default) but its worth verifying.
You have windshield washer fluid level sensors?! Seriously, thanks for that info. I gotta walk thru a showroom once in a while😁

You have windshield washer fluid level sensors?! Seriously, thanks for that info. I gotta walk thru a showroom once in a while😁
:ROFLMAO: Does Nissan not do level sensors? I thought they were pretty common now but may be wrong.

People make washer fluid? That’s news to me lol. If anyone is making washer fluid I can’t see myself trusting it. And putting soap in it? 😳. That does remind me of something funny I did the other day though we have our floor cleaner and washer fluid right next to each other to get and the other day I filled up my washer fluid jug with the floor cleaner by mistake. I blame the morning time as I wasn’t fully awake yet lol. Needless to say I had to drain the washer fluid out and fill it back up with washer fluid and not soap lol 😂. I felt like an idiot but it happens. Good thing I realized the stuff was green instead of blue lol.
Mark me as one who makes my own. For me its more economical during the summer, winter I need to figure out using store bought alcohol as its expensive with my current mix. Mixing your own avoids the trip to the store and a gallon jug to dispose of, not to mention its much better fluid than the cheaper store bought fluids. I have an undersink reverse osmosis system so the water I use to make my own is quite pure.

Summer - $1.64/gallon.
Winter - $5.14/gallon. (Mix summer concentrate for washing performance with the winter for antifreeze).
Winter w/out summer concentrate - $3.50/gallon. Good for down to high teens freezing point.

Nextzett Kristall Klar concentrate (summer)

VW/Audi genuine winter fluid

The Nextzett summer concentrate is fabulous. Nice soapy texture that washes beautifully and because its a bit more viscous it does not continually run down the windshield after you finish washing.

:ROFLMAO: Does Nissan not do level sensors? I thought they were pretty common now but may be wrong.

Mark me as one who makes my own. For me its more economical during the summer, winter I need to figure out using store bought alcohol as its expensive with my current mix. Mixing your own avoids the trip to the store and a gallon jug to dispose of, not to mention its much better fluid than the cheaper store bought fluids. I have an undersink reverse osmosis system so the water I use to make my own is quite pure.

Summer - $1.64/gallon.
Winter - $5.14/gallon. (Mix summer concentrate for washing performance with the winter for antifreeze).
Winter w/out summer concentrate - $3.50/gallon. Good for down to high teens freezing point.

Nextzett Kristall Klar concentrate (summer)

VW/Audi genuine winter fluid

The Nextzett summer concentrate is fabulous. Nice soapy texture that washes beautifully and because its a bit more viscous it does not continually run down the windshield after you finish washing.
Next you’re gonna tell me that some cars have headlight wipers and washers! Quit pulling my leg!

I will add a little PS21 windshield washer booster in the washer fluid I buy... It really helps in cleaning the windshield much better that without...

Back