Do you prefer to carry an axe as a tool while travelling

I would rather have a chainsaw than an axe in most cases. Alternatively, a heavy duty pruning saw and a hi-lift jack would be more useful and take up about the same space.

In cases of road rage, an axe might come in handy
If it comes in handy, you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to avoid road rage, you get a crazy guy following you, head to the police station, don't stop.

I would rather have a chainsaw than an axe in most cases. Alternatively, a heavy duty pruning saw and a hi-lift jack would be more useful and take up about the same space.
Don't have a chainsaw, but I have a Ryobi sawzall. Same battery as my inflator and impact wrench. I suppose I could carry that, but you don't really get a blade longer than 12 inches so a chainsaw would be better. But I've never had to use an axe or chainsaw on the road. Doesn't happen in the city.

Don't have a chainsaw, but I have a Ryobi sawzall. Same battery as my inflator and impact wrench. I suppose I could carry that, but you don't really get a blade longer than 12 inches so a chainsaw would be better. But I've never had to use an axe or chainsaw on the road. Doesn't happen in the city.
The Texas Sawzall Massacre, now on Netflix. :p

The Texas Sawzall Massacre, now on Netflix. :p
Well I think you can use it to dismember a body. This was widely covered but they never mentioned what kind of saw was used. I think the sawzall is the most likely, kinda hard to do it with a circular saw. Chop saw would be messy....

Well I think you can use it to dismember a body. This was widely covered but they never mentioned what kind of saw was used. I think the sawzall is the most likely, kinda hard to do it with a circular saw. Chop saw would be messy....

There was a wealthy businessman who put on a Halloween charity here for years. It was a mile long winding trail in the thick woods (his land) … Very dark too. One of several ambush spots was 3 guys with real chainsaws coming after you.
(of course the chains were removed) …

Well, while we agree on quality, I must disagree on this point.

You don’t know big I am, or how hard I swing, so, the “big man” part of your argument is specious.

As a navy pilot... you’re certainly not the size of a basketball player :p

Otherwise you will be thumbling inside a cockpit while doing barrel rolls etc...

Why yes, yes I do!
643E1D41-15C5-46C2-A545-58F83C3A2673.jpeg

I have a heavy all steel maul that I added another 12" of handle for more leverage. It will split about anything in one shot-and I generally cut my logs at about 20" for the fireplaces. It's not rare to have a tree down on the access road and the Milwaukee electric chainsaw with the 12.0 battery does about as well as my gas chain saws. I have it along quite a bit to deal with the unexpected.

We were recently in the wilderness on a dirt road, and got stuck by a tree across the road. Fortunately guy in front had a chainsaw and just enough gas to cut it in two places. I’m not sure an axe would have efficiently gotten through the tree, at least not quickly. It was maybe 12” diameter. Would have taken forever. I can’t see always bringing a chainsaw, but some sort of saw I think would be as/more useful.

Back