Do you own more vehicles than you really need?

3 cars for the 2 of us. I prefer the simplicity of owning 2, but find that having the spare is handy, especially since my truck doesn’t have a full backseat. I flit back and forth between driving the truck and the sedan. I think I prefer the sedan if theres not much traffic, and prefer the truck if traffic is dense or crazy.

Ive had too many cars to count but never more than 2 to myself. The last time I had 2 it was a 2002 Forester with an imported Jdm engine and a 2018 392 Daytona charger.
Right now I picked up a new Mk8 Gti, and the wife has 8400 miles on her AMG Gla after 16 months of owning it. We could get away with 1 car but she loves taking the Amg out and I definitely dont mind

I'll admit I have more vehicles than I need. I have 4 campers, 2 VW camper vans and a Roadtrek and a Coach House 27' Camper. I also have 2 trucks and a Mazda 5 and a VW Beetle and a VW Cabriolet. Antique car insurance is on 3 of these. Hartford is on 4 and SF has the other 2. I tell myself to get rid of some but they are all important to me and when I drive those old VW's I can't get the smile off my face. All my vehicles are maintained by me and they are all insured and ready to go.
I know about the too many cars/vehicles "sickness". Sometimes I wish I only had one... plus the utility trailer I have (hot dip galvanized, low mtce). I would lavish all my attention on it. Some times I feel like the vehicles own me, rather than me owning them 😐.

My wife and I each have a car as we both drive and at times need to do different things at the same time.

Do you own more vehicles than you really use/need? Do you collect them? Sentimental reasons? Occasional utility use?

How many do you have?
Yes and no.. being my wife works from home and I work part time per diem we probably could get by being a one car household. So having two cars we're wasting money

B3B74EB4-75AE-4A4F-971F-0FCA2681C7D1.jpeg

Yes too much to count and my first car a 1988 galant sigma in my garage(other home)!

Attachments

• 10EE46C9-2BD2-4993-AA26-D819BB4EDCB2.jpeg
    10EE46C9-2BD2-4993-AA26-D819BB4EDCB2.jpeg
    218.5 KB · Views: 11
Yes. Better now than before though. It's just me and my wife, but we had 5 vehicles on the driveway not too long ago. Bought some, sold some, now down to:
- 2010 Toyota Avalon 3.5L (113K) - chariot for wife and daughter, highway cruiser for vacations.
- 2010 Volvo XC70 3.2L (269k) - my high mileage workhorse.
- 2006 Toyota Camry 3.0L (207k) - spare car, always ready if Avalon or XC70 need downtime for any repairs.
- 2020 Honda Ruckus 0.049L (3.8k) - the 49cc unsung hero in this time of high fuel prices, becomes my daily commuter when weather allows. Definitely teaches me patience and ability to slow down and enjoy life, thanks to 38MPH top speed. >100MPG is nice though, as all other cars get ~20-24MPG max in daily commutes.
Not entirely true my mk8 gti gets atleast 27 between city and weird 50mph zones, it also has over 300bhp with the jb4. I think my stinger gt got 24 but that was closer to 500bhp.

My wife and I each have a car as we both drive and at times need to do different things at the same time.

Do you own more vehicles than you really use/need? Do you collect them? Sentimental reasons? Occasional utility use?

How many do you have?
Yes.
I own 2 4x4 SUVs.
often I am tempted to buy a 3rd vehicle but what is a single guy going to do with 3 ?

I have my 92 Cutlass which is presently loaned to my oldest son as his dd, he has a 94 dakota as well. My 93 C1500, 04 Expedition and 05 Element are in the driveway. If you have old cars you must always have a spare. They are all cheap to insure and paid for.

I bought a more economical car 6 months ago, and the Volvo has been sitting around since...just haven't talked myself into getting rid of my favourite car. The wife's Stream goes into the panel shop next week for a new guard she dinged...they'll have it for a week, so she'll used the Volvo. Coming home tonight I hit a big bird...and then the Airwave started running on 3. Not related, another coil out. I'll get a new one tomorrow, and take the Volvo to work. So, there is always a reason for procrastination.

How many do you have?
The globalist believe one is too many.

My wife and I have 3 vehicles. We drive the Prius for 75% of our needs. But with a baby on the way, the Ram will be our family vehicle.

In all honesty, we should probably sell the Accord and Ram, and replace it with a minivan.
Rear facing car seats are miserable in sedans and pickups. The minivan is the GOAT in this area and the full size SUV a distance second.

Congrats on the baby.

5 vehicles for 2 drivers, if you count the RV. Escape is mostly the family vehicle if we're all going somewhere, the Focus is her vehicle and oldest son is 14 and might be the car he drives, the Dakota for truck things, the Festiva whenever we feel like shifting gears. It's kinda nice to have a backup for the backups, although none have any issues. Back in the day with 3 I had to drive the RV to work since someone broke the back window out of the Focus. Now I ride the bike mostly to work so they all set, 3-5k miles a year if that.

Rear facing car seats are miserable in sedans and pickups. The minivan is the GOAT in this area and the full size SUV a distance second.

Congrats on the baby.
Thanks.

From this thread, you can see that interior space isn't exactly an issue. Ease of parking is probably the biggest issue.

Thanks.

From this thread, you can see that interior space isn't exactly an issue. Ease of parking is probably the biggest issue.
I suppose it depends on individual driving position. I had a Ram back in the day and felt like I was up against the wheel with a rear facing seats. Hated it.

Back