Do you like sausages? Polish variants perhaps?

This thread made me think of a Polish deli I’ve driven by for years, but never have stopped at.

Finally did.

Pretty small place. Definitely not the scale of a big meat market, or the photos in OP. But they had two cases, one with sausages and head cheese of different kinds, the other with different meats. A true mom and pop place, so I had to sneak take a photo. I didn’t have my BITOG press card with me.

IMG_5174.jpeg

I bought a few variants, the Kabonosy, some Chicago and double garlic kielbasa, and some short fat ones they called “Polish hot dogs”.

As I had been heading back from a tax appointment, and was pretty hungry, I decided to snack on the Kabonosy ASAP.

IMG_5175.jpeg

They were kept cold, I guess for sanitary and longevity reasons. Meats like this taste different because of the fat content and whatever other reasons. So they were t quite the same as the ones I get usually which are hanging in the ambient. But they are nicely smoky and delicious.

IMG_5176.jpeg

I also stocked up on cherries and sorrel.

I got two more kinds of sausage from the Polish market.

The first one is a beer sausage. It was made with various spices, garlic, and beer. It's smoked and very good,

The we got this one that resembles summer sausage in texture and taste. It's also excellent.

So far every sausage I have tried from this place is fantastic. They are all very similar and I couldn't really say I favor one over the other.

Last warning if you are not @Pablo. Do not proceed!

If we do get butt cancer from the sausages and if the anuses are resected we can get ostomies. Problem solved.

Last edited:
Back