Do Miller make any good beers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: eljefino
I wouldn't worry about ownership, as Budweiser is made by Stella Artois, which mostly means that where you can buy Bud, you can now buy Stella. The Belgians haven't messed with Bud's ricey adjunct recipe, so why would Miller mess with Fosters?

Only problem that I have with ownership is that I'm currently an owner of Fosters...I bought some shares when Fosters was trying to buy Coopers (My brand, Coopers is awesome), after all, who can lose selling beer to Aussies.

Reading the Explanatory booklet to investors reads almost identically to Goldman Sachs' justification to sell the electricity industry.

My beer of choice is Labatt's Blue. I can get by with anything Michelob or Coors. Sometimes I'll drink a Bud. I hardly ever buy anything else. I won't touch anything from Miller's.

GrtArtiste

MillerCoors is a high quality producer of bottled and kegged water.
crackmeup2.gif
They aren't going to make Foster's any worse than it already is.

Originally Posted By: tom slick
MillerCoors is a high quality producer of bottled and kegged water.

Oh, come on, let's be fair, it's not just water, it's flavored water.
smile.gif

Belgians invented beer, Germans - lager and a few others, Czechs (Bohemians)- pilsner [those were actually Bavarian brew-masters] and Budweiser.
Americans sometimes label [some] real beer from Germany as a 'malt liqueur', and Germans sometimes [after a few beers] call American beer 'donkey pis'. According to the Reinheitsgebot, better known as the German Beer Purity Law, neither Bud not Miller can be called beer.
But micro-breweries make very good beer in US.
If you want to try the original Bud, it's sold at better grocery stores in US as Czechvar, made in Czech Republic where it originates from. Known as Budvar in the rest of the world. Very good beer.
The original Budweiser Bier or Budweiser Bürgerbräu, was founded in 1785 in Cheské Budejovice (Budweis), Bohemia, which at the time (until 1918) was part of the Habsburg Monarchy. The company began exporting to the US in 1871. In the U.S., Anheuser-Busch started using the Budweiser brand in 1876 and registered it two years later.

A second company (nowadays named Budvar) was established in 1895 by mainly Czech brewers, which also started exporting beer under the name Budweiser (the one from Budweis). These exports into the US market led to the Budweiser trademark dispute. Negotiations between the three companies, the two from the original town and the American Anheuser-Busch, about using "Budweiser" reached an agreement in 1911 that allowed Anheuser-Busch to use the brand "Budweiser" only in North America at that time. WWII changed all that later..

In most European countries American Budweiser is not labelled as Budweiser but as Bud, and the name Budweiser refers to the original Czech beer, Budweiser Budvar, except for the United Kingdom, where both beers are sold as Budweiser. It was fun for me to see two Budweisers in Bristol recently at the same store. At least they were not priced the same and resided quite apart on the shelf.

Originally Posted By: Y_K

If you want to try the original Bud, it's sold at better grocery stores in US as Czechvar, made in Czech Republic where it originates from. Known as Budvar in the rest of the world. Very good beer.

thumbsup2.gif
I prefer Czechvar to Pilsner Urquell or Grolsch.

The average Budweiser drinker is not going to like the hop signature of Budvar/Czechvar. Or Pilsner Urquell or any real pilsner beer. (I think Miller used to label their Miller Lite "beer" as a "Fine Pilsner"
lol.gif
) I can't even get Bud drinkers to drink Shiner Bock (much less any of the more flavorful varieties from Spoetzl Brewery)

I think Miller high Life is a decent low price beer. I think Coors original and Budweiser are a little better quality than High Life even if they have adjuncts too. Miller Lite to me taste like rotten corn. I don't like any light beer. I think Budweiser is a decent beer and so is Michelob but they always give me a head ache. I think this is due to the particular yeast strain's co-products. But i can drink Anheuser Busch's Ale's like shocktop-different type of yeast.

I think beer snobbery is just a bunch of baloney and it's a myth that European beer is better. For awhile I really liked Molson Canadian but it seems like it changed after Coors bought them out if I'm remembering right. Now Yuengling is available here and it is pretty good and American owned. In fact it's claimed to be America's oldest brewery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back