Do engines clean the air?

I remember one of Dan Watson’s (Amsoill guy) vids on you tube mentioning that the newer diesels pickup trucks should get carbon credits for cleaning up the air with all their emisions gadgets on them since the air coming out of them is cleaner that what is going into the engine. Who knows.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ridgerunner
I remember one of Dan Watson’s (Amsoill guy) vids on you tube mentioning that the newer diesels pickup trucks should get carbon credits for cleaning up the air with all their emisions gadgets on them since the air coming out of them is cleaner that what is going into the engine. Who knows.

Well that's just another issue that Dan Watson is wrong about...

Originally Posted By: Shannow
ridgerunner said:

Well that's just another issue that Dan Watson is wrong about... [/quote

Uh?! How dare you, how dare you sir! Lol

Because it's low hanging fruit and small, inexpensive mods to OPE will have better gains in air quality than pricey ones applied to cars or industry.
The ope equipmenti own all meets some standard for emissions.

Subaru has claimed in the past that its Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle (PZEV) engines can exhaust cleaner air that what the intake air is in certain circumstances. The company has since made PZEV technology standard on many of its engines.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
There was a volvo a while back with a catalytic coating on its radiator that cleaned air passing over it, as well.

BMW's with the M56 engine also had something similar. Plus it was against emission regulations to replace the radiator with a standard radiator.
The current BMW X1 also uses the same. Not really more expensive than a standard rad.

Volvo offered this 15+ years ago on the XC90. However I think it was part of the V8 engine package but i don’t remember.

Is a late model car exhaust cleaner than the HC emitted from the late model cars interior? We need to be asking the proper questions.

Back