Disposable car cover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any suggestions on where to buy a cheap disposable waterproof car cover. This will be something I want to have in reserve in case it rains while I am at an overnight car gathering.
I have seen some on Ebay for around $15 (some shipped directly from China) but wondering if there are better options.

Originally Posted By: ted s
they need to be used over a fabric car cover

Agreed. The truly waterproof ones can be disastrous if used long-term. They're abrasive so wind flapping them against the paint does damage, and they also trap moisture against the car. Putting them over a soft car cover relieves the first problem, but not the second.

If it were my '69 R/T, I'd rather let it get rained on and then clean it up afterward.

Originally Posted By: ted s
they need to be used over a fabric car cover

I was thinking about that and I already have a poly-cotton cover that I could put underneath.

this won't be a popular suggestion, but, it's a simple 2 part cover available at nearly any hardware store in the country:
1) plastic Sheeting (cheap! waterproof! see through!)
2) MAGNETS! (Cheap! holds things to metal! Magnets!)

just bought one at walmart for roughly $20, its breathable, and plan on using mini bungee cords to tie it to the rims. good reviews on walmart.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back