Discount Fleet Supply; anyone use them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering purchasing WIX 51315XP oil filters from these guys at $7.63 each in a package of 6. O'Reilly is almost $11 each. It appears that Discount Fleet Supply does not charge shipping or tax. Comments?

Isn't that the same as a NAPA Platinum? NAPA sells them for $7.53 each (i looked yesterday online at them) with no shipping.

I've bought filters from Discount Fleet Supply and have been satisfied with their prices and service. The filters are real Wix, not knock offs as I've opened several of them after they have been used.

The Wix XP and Napa Plats are the same filters. If you can get them for that price, it's a good deal.

But, I'll note that unless you intend to really run much longer O/FCIs, then $7.xx for a filter is still $3.xx more than you "need" to spend, as any Puro classic, MC, OCOD, etc will do a fine job for any sane OCI/FCI. My point is that just because you're buying a premium top-end filter, you're not really going to reduce engine wear by any statistical measurable. There is no study I know of that shows a direct causation, or correlation, of wear versus filtration in "normal" use. I'm picking my words very carefully here; note that I said "normal" use and confined my claim to what can be proven in real-world data, and not heavily biased and manipulated lab testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back