Direct Injection Oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some of the specs of the Driven GDI 0w20 oil.

mPAO from XOM
Lubrizol additive system
TEOST - 15
HT/HS - 2.88
Noack - 10%

Most important - SA is only .722.

They confirmed the importance of low SA in a GDI oil.

Pricey, but good.

So is this an issue with Amsoil with a Direct Injected engine? L83 in a `16 Suburban to be specific.

0W-20 (ASM): API SN PLUS (Resource Conserving), SM…; GM dexos1Gen 2 (supersedes 6094M); ACEA A1/B1; Ford WSS-M2C947-A; Chrysler MS-6395; ILSAC GF-5, GF4… FORTIlED WITH DETERGENTS THAT EXCEED THE DEXOS1 GEN2 SULFATED ASH SPECIlCATION.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by zfasts03
So is this an issue with Amsoil with a Direct Injected engine? L83 in a `16 Suburban to be specific.

0W-20 (ASM): API SN PLUS (Resource Conserving), SM…; GM dexos1Gen 2 (supersedes 6094M); ACEA A1/B1; Ford WSS-M2C947-A; Chrysler MS-6395; ILSAC GF-5, GF4… FORTIlED WITH DETERGENTS THAT EXCEED THE DEXOS1 GEN2 SULFATED ASH SPECIlCATION.

That's something I've brought up before. As good as SS is, it may be an aspect that is not ideal. I wouldn't be that concerned about it though.

Two seperate things low saps versus lspi quenchers or antagonists. Many things make up the low saps desig, but it seams like they only care about the CA level with the lspi friendly formulas. The sn+ desig looks almost identical to sn except for CA across nearly all brands, universal averages are within 1% with the other additives, as in the only thing they did to get sn+ is lower CA as far as readable additives.

I'd run Amsoil in a di for sure, lspi friendly PLUS high moly for the lspi quencher.

Depends on which Amsoil oil. I know one of their labels went to SN Plus and Dexos1Gen2. Not sure if that one (XL?) has high moly anymore.

Last edited:
10% volatility for an oil that advertises itself as a direct injection oil - that's ironic. 10% isn't bad, but I'd like something in the 6-7% range, or lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back