fruit.gif

quote:

Originally posted by XenoX:
SilverGGA

Out of curiosity....What MY is yours?

Thanks.

quote:

Originally posted by XenoX:
SilverGGA- The wrx will have Cobb stage 2 285 hp at the flywheel downpipe and ecu map changes, I hear it is a conservative tune.

rjundi- Noted on the Superflo (10-30?) and do you drive it a very spirited manner occasionally ?

Depends what you call spirited. Usually just on highway merges and in the twisty's the tach bumps between 4k-6k rpm.

Is your car modified or stock?

quote:

Originally posted by OILNEWBY:
I am a proud owner of a '02 WRX. Other than one oil change with Pennzoil I have used nothing but Amsoil ATM 10w30. I currently have 107k miles and the car runs amazing with not a drop of oil missing after 6k miles.

XENOX:

Seat of the pants I can't detect any resistance to rev, in fact the engine seems stronger, but this is subjective. At Cobb Stage1-93.

rjundi- Noted on the Superflo (10-30?) and do you drive it a very spirited manner occasionally ?

[/qb][/QUOTE]Depends what you call spirited. Usually just on highway merges and in the twisty's the tach bumps between 4k-6k rpm. [/QB][/QUOTE]

quote:

Originally posted by Ed_T:
XENOX:

Seat of the pants I can't detect any resistance to rev, in fact the engine seems stronger, but this is subjective. At Cobb Stage1-93.

Ed-T - Sounds pretty good, I may run this in a few k.

I've run M1 T&SUV since 6000 miles on a stock '04 WRX wagon with 19k now and no oil consumption. I think burning oil is caused by improper break-in (not heavy enough on the throttle to seat the rings or too much revving past 4000 rpm) during the critical first 1000 miles. I know that was the longest 1000 miles of my life with the car! No empirical evidence of this; it's just my personal observation.

I like the thermal safety margin of a good synthetic, although if you don't use your car hard there's really no need. I open her up every chance I get once the oil is warm (which isn't very often commuting to LA), and tow a small boat too. My first track day is this month. Practical and fast; what's not to like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back