digital local television

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before getting an antenna,make sure that the stations are all UHF,they are not always UHF and there can even be VHF in your area,check and make sure.

We have both UHF and VHF in our area and if you dont have a UHF/VHF antenna,you cant get both signals.

Check your local stations and see what they are.

You never know how the local affiliate is going to reencode their signal, so you might see random 1080p. Though most will pick the network standard and make everything fit: CW is 1080i and Mynetwork 720p in my neck of the woods, so everything else is made to fit. Sometimes even in old syndicated reruns in standard def a HD ad will come on and look great.

Originally Posted By: motorguy222
Before getting an antenna,make sure that the stations are all UHF,they are not always UHF and there can even be VHF in your area,check and make sure.

We have both UHF and VHF in our area and if you dont have a UHF/VHF antenna,you cant get both signals.

Check your local stations and see what they are.

Same here. NBC affiliate is VHF and IIRC one of the PBS stations is too (we live near the border of the state so we pick up our state's PBS and Minnesota's as well).

Some of the better UHF antennas will also do a fair job of picking up higher band VHF stations. Looks like the original poster lives in an area with one VHF station (CBS channel 12) with everything else being UHF stations.

With my growing directtv bill, I'm thinking about switching to digital/free tv.

For those that are using it, are you using a DVR to record shows? If so, which one and how well does it work? Is it as easy as using it on my directtv system?

Thanks

Originally Posted By: MarkM66
With my growing directtv bill, I'm thinking about switching to digital/free tv.

For those that are using it, are you using a DVR to record shows? If so, which one and how well does it work? Is it as easy as using it on my directtv system?

Thanks

I use the Philips 3576 recorder, easy as an old VCR.
Everything you would want to know is HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back