Digital Aftermarket Multi-Gauges

Looking for a way to keep an eye on my Dacia Duster, especially during towing.

I've used the torque app and my cheap Wi-Fi ELM327 module to see what information is put onto the OBD2 port. I'm interested in coolant temp, oil temp, oil pressure, boost and EGT's (pre-DPF). All bar the oil pressure is streamed via the ECU.

I'd like a gauge or display that can connect via the OBD2 port, and maybe have the ability to connect an analogue oil pressure gauge in the future if I wish.

Only two real options I've seen are the Banks iDash which is about £400 imported into the UK or there's a Canchecked MFD15 which is very similar without the data logging but half the price.

Anyone else seen anything out there that would fit the bill?

The other thing is some come in OBD2 or CAN options. The CAN options would be a nicer install but how do I know if the same information is available/accessible on the CAN than it is from the OBD2 port?

I bought a Lufi and it works well on my 9-3 Saab. About $110 US.

s-l500.png

I'm literally on this topic for past few days... Currently narrowed it down to a couple that seem to fit my needs, and most importantly not break the bank...
- This WiiYii P6, which is basically a knockoff of the Lufi, but I like its interface better, and it's ~$45 on the jungle site.
- And this Ultragauge, seems to be pretty popular with the MINI crowd. Not digging the ~$90 pricetag, still debating if it's worth it.
Anyone got experience with either of these? My car has no temp gauge, just Speedo/Tach/Fuel. So any additional info would be great.

Looking for a way to keep an eye on my Dacia Duster, especially during towing.

I've used the torque app and my cheap Wi-Fi ELM327 module to see what information is put onto the OBD2 port. I'm interested in coolant temp, oil temp, oil pressure, boost and EGT's (pre-DPF). All bar the oil pressure is streamed via the ECU.

I'd like a gauge or display that can connect via the OBD2 port, and maybe have the ability to connect an analogue oil pressure gauge in the future if I wish.

Only two real options I've seen are the Banks iDash which is about £400 imported into the UK or there's a Canchecked MFD15 which is very similar without the data logging but half the price.

Anyone else seen anything out there that would fit the bill?

The other thing is some come in OBD2 or CAN options. The CAN options would be a nicer install but how do I know if the same information is available/accessible on the CAN than it is from the OBD2 port?

Does the duster use anything other than CAN to transmit data to the obd2 port? older cars used K-line awell but I noticed this has been phasing out.

Oil pressure is rarely measured, as is oil temperature, you will get a calculated oil temp.

Back