different Valvoline synthetics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dd3

What's the difference between say, Valvoline advanced, Valvoline synpower, valvoline HM, etc etc. obviously the high mileage one is for high mileage vehicles, etc. but what about the other two?
Thanks.

****** Nvm. They just changed the name, lol*******

Last edited:
Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
The taste.

Modern engine is less filling!

Just happened to have a shot. It happens to be Dexos rated.

3B9DC6CC-9286-4FBD-A911-AA85DEC77894.jpeg

Last edited:
*The Valvoline Advanced 5W30 may be the best over all synthetic D1 / Gen 2 rated oil at it's price point (especially for GDI engines) . It's not necessarily a long drain oil - however it is a very fine oil none the less !
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Just happened to have a shot. It happens to be Dexos rated.

Originally Posted by Dd3
What's the difference between say, Valvoline advanced, Valvoline synpower, valvoline HM, etc etc. obviously the high mileage one is for high mileage vehicles, etc. but what about the other two?
Thanks.

Synpower is discontinued and if you find any, it's old, outdated stock. Advanced is the latest one.
Please type the word instead of using nvm - which I'm guessing means nevermind, which few here can translate. Most messageboards need very simple acronyms, or the entire word spelled-out.

Originally Posted by Dd3
Thanks.

They did more than just change the label they reformulated it. Couple things I remember is they lowered the sodium drastically and added titanium. What they did behind the scenes I have no idea.

http://www.pqiamerica.com/March2013PCMO/valvolinesyn.htm

2018 VOA
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...oa-valvoline-synthetic-dexos1-gen-2-5w30

Last edited:
Valvoline Synpower is an older version of Valvoline Advanced Synthetic. Valvoline Advanced Synthetic is the most current fomulation made to meet the most common current specifications.

Valvoline Full Synthetic with Maxlife is Valvoline Advanced Synthetic with additional seal conditioners and detergents.

I agree with @ChrisD46 about Valvoline Advanced Synthetic being the best oil available for the price.

Over the past year I have purchased VAS 0w40 to use in a Dodge Sprinter, VAS 5W40 MST to use in an Audi Allroad, and VFSML 0W20 to use in a Subaru Outback and Hyundai Accent GDI. I am happy with everything I have gotten from Valvoline to include two free t-shirts.

I like VAS. I'd use it if the SA was .8 like Mobil 1. It's currently at .97. Lower the better for a GDI engine.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Are you Vanilla, ESP, EP or AP currently?

I should have a Valvoline Advanced GDI UOA here around July. 6.5oz of MOs2 will be included in the coctail.

I'm going to use M1 EP/AP 0w20 next.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back