VALVOLINE 5W20 MAXLIFE FULL SYNTHETIC HIGH M

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2018 Hyundai Elantra 14,000 miles. I went to Valvoline instant oil change. I will only use Valvoline my choice. Usually I go to dealership with Valvoline Synpower. But dealer didn't have opening for 3 days. I was overdue on oil change. But I had to drive to Tallahassee. Death in family. So I went to Valvoline instant oil change. Great service. I will only use Hyundai filter. They let me. BUT on oil told Synpower no longer made. The only Full synthetic they have is Maxlife High mileage. Mgr told me replaced Synpower. I asked its says high mileage. That's for high mileage vehicles. I only have 14,000. Will it hurt my engine. He couldn't answer my question he kept quoting of the screen the benefits of what he put in my vehicles. So I would like to ask you all. Will the high mileage full synthetic with extra stuff in it hurt my engine?

No it won't hurt.
But that guy is wrong as well.
SynPower has been replaced by Advanced Full Synthetic.
If they don't know their product line, or even stock it, how can they be relied on for service?

That's horse number2.... Valvoline has their Valvoline Advanced full synthetic.... Which actually replaced synpower....

Anyhow... You are just fine to run the Valvoline Maxlife full synthetic oil.

Originally Posted by beanoil
No it won't hurt.
But that guy is wrong as well.
SynPower has been replaced by Advanced Full Synthetic.
If they don't know their product line, or even stock it, how can they be relied on for service?

Darn Skippy ^^^^^^ right on here
smile.gif

If the oil in question carries the required spec your engine needs, how would it possibly hurt the engine? Imagine if a company sold a rated oil that harmed engines, that would be an open invitation to massive lawsuits.

No problems with it whatsoever. It wouldn't be my first choice in a newer engine, but you could use it from now on if you wanted too...

Valvoline is a good oil indeed and you won't go wrong using it however, you're missing out on other brands of oil that are good as well especially when they're on sale. But as you said, it' your choice.

Valvoline full synthetic with Maxlife technology is an excellent motor oil and I have used it in multiple new and older vehicles. Most likely you will not find any oil that is going to work better for you over the long run...

CHAPTER 2
I finally got a call back from the district manager. He apologize d for the misinformation and told me Valvoline Max life high mileage did not replace Synpower. Advanced modern engine did. He confirmed it's in stock at store I went VIOC. He gave me 1 free oii change. Assured me he would address the manager. To come in and they would drain maxlife and put Advanced in. So Monday I will go aver .

Originally Posted by Baseball17
CHAPTER 2
I finally got a call back from the district manager. He apologize d for the misinformation and told me Valvoline Max life high mileage did not replace Synpower. Advanced modern engine did. He confirmed it's in stock at store I went VIOC. He gave me 1 free oii change. Assured me he would address the manager. To come in and they would drain maxlife and put Advanced in. So Monday I will go aver .

It's great that they acknowledge the mistake and are willing to give you a free oil change. However, I would leave the Maxlife in for the full OCI and use the freebie then. Maxlife is great stuff and won't do any harm...I run it occasionally in my cars and have switched back and forth between HM and non-HM in old and new cars with no issues.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back