Difference between black oxide and zinc plated hardware?

Not knowing anything about your application, I would go with zinc plated.

When I installed the SLP TPI intake runners on the IROC, they came supplied with black oxide SHCS. Took no time before these fasteners became horrible corroded (mostly cosmetic) from what ever moisture was in the atmosphere under the hood. Oddly, the black oxide fasteners GM installed on the lower intake have yet to become corroded. I'm thinking the black oxide coatings on each were applied with a different process.

When I upgraded the injectors, I replaced the corroded fasteners with 316 stainless fasteners.

The Zinc plated should be more corrosion resistant and is normally recommended if it will be in contact with pressure treated wood. The problem is that the zinc coated use to be about 10% more than the black but the price of metals (copper, lead, zinc) has gone through the roof. Compare Black pipe to Galvanized pipe in the plumbing dept.

OK zinc it is. They also have this cheaper zinc called Class 4.8. Whats the difference between this and the other zinc called Grade 2?

Sae strength is in grade
Metric strength is class
Both the higher the number the stronger the bolt

Most Common ones are grade 2, 5, and 8 which are equivalent to 4, 8.8. 10.9. metric 12.9 is also pretty common and stronger than grade 8

Zinc coated are not very durable long term, cadmium plating is more durable and corrosion resistant, they are commonly used as a replacement under the car in high salt areas.

Back